• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rchatlin
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 24, 2001

Free Comics from the Library

My library offers free access to an app called Hoopla,
    that let's you check out comics to an phone or tablet, free and legal.
    They have a lot of current stuff - Marvel just came aboard - as well as some older collected works.
    Also, movies, music and ebooks.

Your library may also offer RB Digital, which offers free magazines, audiobooks and ebooks

Now start reading...

r
    o
    b
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I use Hoopla all the time after discovering it this summer when our library added it to their services. They have an incredible selection of indy books and DC, Marvel's selection is limited but I don't read Marvel form there anyways (my wife gets me a subscription to Marvel Unlimited every year for my birthday). I do get a lot of Dark Horse stuff (especially the Mignolaverse stuff I am missing), Image books, First-Second Publishing, and others as well as the few DC books I am semi-keeping up with. Our library allows 10 borrows a month and they are three week borrows with no renewals available, but that can vary from library to library. They also have a decent library of ebooks and documentaries that you can borrow as well.

I've been checking out a lot of the books mentioned in the three best of 2017 comics list the AV Club did and from a few other best of year lists as well. My library also hasa decent selection of trades and GN for circulation in print too, so I check some out form there too.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

FYI...for those that do not know:

If you have Amazon Prime you can get a pretty good rotation of TPB Comics to read for FREE through the Kindle App as well as some pretty decent Magazines & Books (w/Audio too).

Link: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/prime-pr

There is a Limit of 10 Titles, but as soon as you're done with one & return it, you can replenish it with a new one.

BTW...Hoopla is AWESOME...it's always filled in those gaps of available FREE Movies and Books I can't get through other means

FYI...it's available as a Roku Channel if you want to stream your Movies

Link: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/196549/hoopla
      Last edited by WannabeMego; Jan 17, '18, 1:37 PM.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎