X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Yes exactly, it's a beret, which is their golf tam-o-shanter without the pom. They used it on Sandwich Eggy, too--incorrectly. It's also, in black, used properly in the Mad Hatter's Octave Marbot disguise.

I'm surprised FTC hasn't swiped and recast the 1/8 Sideshow Werewolf of London cap. That would work and be useful for other customs.
    The golf hat is good enough for these since cruddy AJ heads are good enough too. FTC really saved me a load of cash with that move.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Ok I am thoroughly convinced that the white AA AJ head just was a wrong move altogether.

I'll wait for them to part them out then I can build my own set something like this.....

image1
      catpack.jpg

image2
      pengy_pack.jpg

I am loving the big fur coat on the Pengy Henchwoman...Marsha Queen of Diamonds or Queen of the Cosacks custom maybe?
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I think 109.99 is a bit to much for these, it was a quick release with not much imagination on heads and the bodies most likely will need to be restrung, at least the outfits work well with each villain.

I'll probably just wait and hope the outfits are sold seperatly, use the mego bodies and my own choice of heads, I think Chopper from Statsky & Hutch makes a good looking henchmen.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
          Ok I am thoroughly convinced that the white AA AJ head just was a wrong move altogether.

I'll wait for them to part them out then I can build my own set something like this.....

image1
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22183[/ATTACH]

image2
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22184[/ATTACH]

I am loving the big fur coat on the Pengy Henchwoman...Marsha Queen of Diamonds or Queen of the Cosacks custom maybe?
          Or a slightly bigger fur coat for Sandman, and I have just recently seen a Michael Rennie custom sculpt on eBay.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            look like bowlers to me.
            We'll see...when I look,one of the hats looks to have an indentation....I'll know real soon. I'm guessing you're not buying any.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by darkbros

image1
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22183[/ATTACH]

image2
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22184[/ATTACH]

nice choices, though there is a good possibility you won't see these parted out because they are "limited edition" sets...we'll see though as I wouldn't mind building a couple more black shirted Goons

Comment

• OCSuperman
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 4, 2014

I actually like the look of these (not sure about the females). I want to see them displayed with their hats before I decide tho ... $100 each is pricey.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
                  nice choices, though there is a good possibility you won't see these parted out because they are "limited edition" sets...we'll see though as I wouldn't mind building a couple more black shirted Goons
                  so was:
                  Batman/ BruceWayne
                  Batman/ Robin Joker/ Riddler
                  Batgirl/ Supergirl
                  Super Friends 4 packs
                  etc.

It depends upon how much overstock they had to make to keep their costs down.
                  Remember, just because they say they re limited to say 100 sets or 500 sets doesn't mean that is how many
                  they actually had the factory make.
                  To keep Costs down, they probably have several Large Microwave size boxes full of suits, fur coats, cat jackets, etc.
                  in the warehouse, and just package them up and make ready to ship. Having worked in retail capacity,
                  this is how other manufacturers do it.

following their past record, should be Mid May / June before they start parting these out
                  ( about 6 to 8 mos from what I've been observing thus far).
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

I'm glad the sets are out, but I'm surprised by the choice of heads too. I would have thought the Happy Days heads would work better than multiple, classic AJ.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Honestly, the heads don't bother me at all--there're lots of replacement options.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

The heads don't bother me because they're nicely if not oddly, colored. And this is the first time they've used them in an official capacity. So it would have felt more cheap had they used old heads.

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

henchmen/women ,these are interesting ,ill be getting penguin and cat womens first ,they are cool ,Who doesnt want to see those action jacksons get their
                          plastic butts kicked ? .and the invisible girl as the hench (moll)women ,i can live with it .the two phantom heads from scooby doo line ,would make good
                          goons ( their already goons )not only for scooby but batman as well .theres one fat jackson in every set -entertaining .would have been cool if they had
                          their hands in a fist .it takes more then a slap to hurt batman & robin .most likely ill get all 5 sets .

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎