Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Hench People on Ebay

That was fast

Catwoman set

Mr Freeze Set
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Batman Classic TV Series Action Figures: Mr. Freeze Henchman Four-Pack at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

The Joker Set

Penguin Set
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

I was excited about the idea of these, until I saw that none of them come with proper hats or headgear (bowler hats for the G.O.O.N.S.--which FTC already makes-- or 'Mousketeer'-styled hats for Catwoman's henchmen, for instance), and the heads are all inappropriately 70's-looking, in-stock head sculpts. I didn't have high hopes, but I figured they'd at least be screen-accurate. Might be better off waiting until they part out the uniforms, throwing them on some of the Three Stooges or Monkees, and cobbling together something a little closer to what we'd see on screen.
    Last edited by rodkeith; Jan 12, '18, 2:24 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I hear you on the heads, but look closer, the hats are there in the packages.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

They cheaped out by using the bugly Action Jackson heads. There are so many other heads that they could have used!

Although the IG heads seem to have had that horrid eye color problem corrected.
        JediJaida

Comment

• rodkeith
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt

Oop! You're right, thunderbolt! Okay, that makes me feel better about them. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• RCB Mego
            • Mar 28, 2010

Wow! I am really surprised how quickly these arrived, I thought there would be a long wait like for the Catwomen. The costumes are great, but I just cannot afford or really have the room to display all these sets. I would like to initially get one Catwoman and Joker henchmen.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

hey said the "proper" hats...they do come with hats,the question is are they the right ones?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                hey said the "proper" hats...they do come with hats,the question is are they the right ones?
                the only ones they'd have to make from scratch are Catwoman's so more than likely.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

the only ones they'd have to make from scratch are Catwoman's so more than likely.
                  I'm assuming the Joker's men are making due with berets? Because FTC hasn't produced ivy league caps that I know of.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I figured it was the stooges golf hats minus the pom pom? And I see the variant Egghead has something that would work
                    Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 12, '18, 5:39 PM.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

I'm looking at the female Catwoman henchmen and am seeing Giganta minus the red hair more a Catwoman henchperson
                      Last edited by Mego Magyar; Jan 12, '18, 5:44 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Still concerned.I bought the penguins Goons set and I can't tell if the hats are bowler hats or dress hats....Wish FTC would take better pictures.It's not that hard to do.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I figured it was the stooges golf hats minus the pom pom? And I see the variant Egghead has something that would work
                          Yes exactly, it's a beret, which is their golf tam-o-shanter without the pom. They used it on Sandwich Eggy, too--incorrectly. It's also, in black, used properly in the Mad Hatter's Octave Marbot disguise.

I'm surprised FTC hasn't swiped and recast the 1/8 Sideshow Werewolf of London cap. That would work and be useful for other customs.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 11, 2011

I really thought that Pussycat was going to be a part of the Catwoman set and I'm a little bummed out that she's not.

22502208111_d4c7126cd5_o.jpg
                            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                              Still concerned.I bought the penguins Goons set and I can't tell if the hats are bowler hats or dress hats....Wish FTC would take better pictures.It's not that hard to do.
                              look like bowlers to me.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎