- Shazam
    - Joker
    - Penguin

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

Not sure how I feel about these since there are no pictures.
      If they use the same sculpts as the originals and try to recapture the same level of paint that I've seen on the originals, ... these will suck and look like they belong at Everything For A Dollar. At least paint some eyes on them and make the hair line up with the sculpt!

If they use the same sculpts and do nice, crisp paint, they will suck less.

If they start over from scratch, this has a LOT of potential. PLEASE make the capes separate pieces of cloth. Even LEGO does that with their mini-figs.

Just looked up the pictures of the originals. I would not expect accessories since they don't really have hands that can hold anything.

Here are the originals.

comicactionhero.jpg

JeffBearCO
      Last edited by jeffbearco; Jul 27, '18, 8:41 AM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

^ I can tell that you’re a fan. Why weigh in on these if you dislike the originals so much?

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

Because I've been the keeper of this particular thread for years now. (I start a new thread periodically to clear out old posts) As such, I keep editing the initial post to keep it up to date.

In general, I try to keep my posts positive and try to be a cheerleader for FTC as I appreciate what they have done for the 8" Mego hobby.

But the original versions of these figures, to me at least, are ... bad. My post about them was in hopes that they would up the quality of them to make them worthwhile.

If there are fans of the original figures though, feel free to debate me and change my mind.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I don't think a preference can be changed for any merit but a lot of people think the original 8" Mego figures are crappy looking dolls too. FTC has done a lot of nice work reproducing those and found a faithful core audience.

It's unusual on a site that has a group of people who embrace oven mitts on dolls to tell a company to "up the quality" on a format that they may not remember as fondly as another.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

If they were going to add another line, I would actually have preferred them bring back the Micronauts. Or combine the two and do tiny Micronaut versions of super heroes.

That would actually be kinda awesome as you could switch parts to give you the color combinations of just about any superhero! And make them clear like the Micronauts were!!!

micronaut.jpg

JeffBearCO

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Takara did that a few of years ago.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

That looks WAY COOL!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                    Because I've been the keeper of this particular thread for years now. (I start a new thread periodically to clear out old posts) As such, I keep editing the initial post to keep it up to date.

In general, I try to keep my posts positive and try to be a cheerleader for FTC as I appreciate what they have done for the 8" Mego hobby.

But the original versions of these figures, to me at least, are ... bad. My post about them was in hopes that they would up the quality of them to make them worthwhile.

If there are fans of the original figures though, feel free to debate me and change my mind.

JeffBearCO
                    Point taken, Jeff. I do appreciate all of your hard work in regard to FTC's releases over the years. It's truly admirable.

I too, unfortunately, have concerns about the quality of these. I hope FTC comes through in regard to them. We shall see. However, you didn't even like the original Comic Action/Pocket Heroes. So, it's a no win situation with you, as far as I can ascertain. At the same time, many members here are very excited by this announcement. So, why not just list these upcoming figures and leave it at that, without taken a crap all over them in the process? You're free to do what you like, but that's my question.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I don't think a preference can be changed for any merit but a lot of people think the original 8" Mego figures are crappy looking dolls too. FTC has done a lot of nice work reproducing those and found a faithful core audience.

It's unusual on a site that has a group of people who embrace oven mitts on dolls to tell a company to "up the quality" on a format that they may not remember as fondly as another.
                      EXCELLENT point!! They're no Hot Toys...there're MEGOS!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

Added:
                        Now Shipping!
                        - Joker's Daughter (Duella Dent)

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

Added:
                          Now Shipping!
                          - KISS Love Gun 12" figures in retro packaging

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

I wonder when FTC is going to reveal the Black Canary figure.
                            I'm waiting...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

I want her and Zatanna!
                              It could be time for them to start selling fishnets on CTVT. LOL

Actually, I think it is past time for them to sell fishnets as well as thin stockings like the more expensive figures have. It would crank Wonder Woman up to the next level.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

Today they added to the list of historical figures. Updated the master list. Still no date given.

- World’s Greatest Presidents (Mentioned were: Abraham Lincoln, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Bill Clinton, Obama, Trump)
                                -- Now listed under Coming Soon with a group picture of Lincoln, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump.
                                -- Added to the list of historical figures: Lyndon B. Johnson, George Washington, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎