Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll be paying them a visit.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

It's a small sample of what's available, but this is what I picked up...

all were $3-$5 each. The selection wasn't as good as the massive DC buy they had last year, but there was some interesting stuff. I passed on most of the Marvel stuff as I have Marvel Unlimited and can read just about anything they have collected in trade that I want, but there was some interesting stuff. It's much more recent stuff, and I think it's stuff Marvel and DC liquidated to retailers through Diamond as they do every year to make room in the warehouses and get something for the stock, and Ollie's managed to get a large chunk of it.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

So mad because there is not an Ollie's around hear. I would spend so much money at 80% off.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, I'm going to Ollie's on my lunch break tomorrow!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Just got back and they've got more in,including Tiny Titans.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

It's a good thing there isn't one of these anywhere near where I live. I'd spend so much money!

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                It's a good thing there isn't one of these anywhere near where I live. I'd spend so much money!
                Unfortunately (or fortunately) there is one on the other side of of town for me, and I do spend so much money there when they get stuff like this.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  Just got back and they've got more in,including Tiny Titans.
                  So because you said they had more new stuff, I made an Ollie's run today, and yep, they had more new stuff. Picked up 22 new trades for just over $100 after sales tax. 21 DC, 1 Marvel (the complete Deathlok collecting the Astonishing Tales run and other Bronze Age appearances).

-M

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Here's what I picked up today...

-M

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Stopped in today to see if they had gotten a restock, and they had, but the gem today was not a DC trade, but this...

the deluxe collector's edition of the OGN about Brian Epstein that sold for $49.99. It was marked down to $9.99 and with the 20% rewards club coupon we got for our recent purchases (mostly DC trades), it only ran me $8. I did pick up a handful of other DC trades as well, as they had gotten in about a dozen new volumes of DC stuff. No new Marvel stuff this time around.

I am a bit bummed though, I saw on youtube guy do a piece on what he picked up at his local Ollie's and he took a pic of what was available, and they had several of the Silver Age DC omnibus there; my Ollie's didn't have those and that was what I was kind of hoping to find when I stopped in, but the Fifth Beatle more than makes up for it. I had been eyeing the standard edition (for $19.99) but hadn't pulled the trigger, now I am glad I waited as the collector's edition has a lot of interesting extras, but I wasn't going to shell out $50 for it.

-M

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎