Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ollie's Discount DC supersale

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    Mostly New 52 dreck but I did score a couple of Spectre collections and a Question.
    Each Store had different stuff, but almost all of them had the same DC 52 Books piled HIGH.

Showcases were hit or miss as well as Non-52 TPB's.

I definitely will not do this type of run again, but, at least I know now which ones are along the main route I travel.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Images
    My store was mostly stocked with Showcases, thankfully.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Some nice stuff there. I've been wanting to read Phantom Stranger and Legion IMG_20180205_113251629_HDR.jpg

It's a match made in heaven for guys like Chris. Are you thrilled to find new $3 showcases and $7 hardcovers or are you kicking yourself for paying LCS prices years ago on some of the books?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Best guess, this was a warehouse clearing out stock that Ollie's bought up and paid a bulk price for and blowing it out accordingly. Could be a fallout of DC moving headquarters from NY to California, having stock warehoused that hadn't sold yet and not wanting to keep paying rent and costs on the warehouse so sold off the stock.
    -M
    That's right! Now that makes sense and would explain DC Archives being liquidated en masse. While I'm used to new TPB collections being blown out, Archives - like Masterworks - are not your standard print runs.

But I think you hit it. The NYC HQ warehouse would have hardbacks in bulk on hand.

Now you got me wondering if we're going to see an airdrop of DC Direct toys and merch at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    That's right! Now that makes sense and would explain DC Archives being liquidated en masse. While I'm used to new TPB collections being blown out, Archives - like Masterworks - are not your standard print runs.

But I think you hit it. The NYC HQ warehouse would have hardbacks in bulk on hand.

Now you got me wondering if we're going to see an airdrop of DC Direct toys and merch at some point!
    Well the Archives line has been discontinued and replaced with the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age omnibus editions followed by trade paperback releases of the same material, so I wasn't surprised to see Archives in there even if it wasn't the DC warehouse. The Showcase line was discontinued a while back so not surprised to see those either.

-M

Images
    I couldn't find the Neal Adam's Batman books or any silver/bronze age Batman books for that matter.So i paid alittle more online. But you can't beat their prices, I got the Super friends showcase for $4. If you roll the dice and try something new a trip to Ollie's is worth it, but don't expect to find a specific volume.