X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    you mean you didn't like the space vampire?
    Loved Space Vampire - but that was season-1

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The show kinda jumped the shark in season 2 when they tried to turn it into a Battlestar Galatica knockoff with the Searcher.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't care for the format change much, but I liked Hawk and Chriton and there were some engaging episodes. I'll take Buck season 2 over Galactica 1980 any day.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 14, '18, 12:03 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by rchatlin
          Anyone know if Buck is available on any of the streaming services?

r
          o
          b

Not that I know of. You'd think at least NBC would have it since it originally aired on there.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

That Hawk Fighter is still cool.

...& that Zica Hawk would have been so sweet

Last edited by comicmike; Jan 14, '18, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

As a kid I thought Season 2 was amazing, as an adult I really enjoy Season 1 better, it's outer space "Man from U.N.C.L.E".

While season 2 had some good additions, the show wants to be Star Trek but it has Space Academy scripts.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

well after all, season 2 had the All state man in the bridge crew

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

the Zica Buck and Tigerman were incredibly well made. it's too bad the line did not sell better so we could have gotten the rest of the planned line. look at the quality of those figures which sold for 29.99 vs the quality of the FTC lines. no comparison

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

I love Buck Rogers.

It would be great seeing Hawk's ship tear apart a Federation Shuttlecraft. Hawk's ship is really cool.

Buck smiles more in Season One, it was more playful.

Season Two had a weird tone, slightly dark, more serious in mannerisms.

The show did get to tell stories that Star Trek did not.

Lots of great guest stars, including Sid Haig and that one actor who is in loads of TV, who played a Russian Officer in Red Dawn & Conan's father in Conan the Barbarian, and they had an episode with Mark Lenard, and many others.

There were many great moments and fun action scenes in the whole series.

If someone could re-make the show with new actors as the characters, but continue where the series left off, I would watch it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

the cheesiness of the show would not work for modern audiences. hell, it really didn't work then which is why it only lasted a season and a half. but a modern take on the series, I would be in for. I always liked the aesthetic of the show, ships, uniforms etc. this thread has me starting to rewatch the series. I just watched the pilot movie. it is a lot of fun and there sure was a lot of eye candy

Comment

• Falstaff13
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                        Lots of great guest stars, including Sid Haig and that one actor who is in loads of TV, who played a Russian Officer in Red Dawn & Conan's father in Conan the Barbarian, and they had an episode with Mark Lenard, and many others.
                        That's William Smith, who has long been a favorite of mine. Among many other parts (including the Eastwood orangutan films), he appeared multiple times on Fantasy Island, including playing Wyatt Earp in one.
                        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Oh yeah, William Smith is a genre veteran from way back, he was even in a Universal Frankenstein movie when he was a boy.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                            That's William Smith, who has long been a favorite of mine. Among many other parts (including the Eastwood orangutan films), he appeared multiple times on Fantasy Island, including playing Wyatt Earp in one.
                            Ahh, very cool, thanks!

Comment

• acrovader
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 19, 2011

I bought the dvd set quite awhile back. It's a guilty pleasure.
                              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

getting back to the original question, I think you can watch it on the firestick. not really sure what the firestick is but my brother has it and just watched the whole series

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎