Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buck Rogers tv show 1979 -1981

Blog Entries
    As a kid I thought Season 2 was amazing, as an adult I really enjoy Season 1 better, it's outer space "Man from U.N.C.L.E".

While season 2 had some good additions, the show wants to be Star Trek but it has Space Academy scripts.

Images
    well after all, season 2 had the All state man in the bridge crew

Images
    the Zica Buck and Tigerman were incredibly well made. it's too bad the line did not sell better so we could have gotten the rest of the planned line. look at the quality of those figures which sold for 29.99 vs the quality of the FTC lines. no comparison

I love Buck Rogers.

It would be great seeing Hawk's ship tear apart a Federation Shuttlecraft. Hawk's ship is really cool.

Buck smiles more in Season One, it was more playful.

Season Two had a weird tone, slightly dark, more serious in mannerisms.

The show did get to tell stories that Star Trek did not.

Lots of great guest stars, including Sid Haig and that one actor who is in loads of TV, who played a Russian Officer in Red Dawn & Conan's father in Conan the Barbarian, and they had an episode with Mark Lenard, and many others.

There were many great moments and fun action scenes in the whole series.

If someone could re-make the show with new actors as the characters, but continue where the series left off, I would watch it.

Images
    the cheesiness of the show would not work for modern audiences. hell, it really didn't work then which is why it only lasted a season and a half. but a modern take on the series, I would be in for. I always liked the aesthetic of the show, ships, uniforms etc. this thread has me starting to rewatch the series. I just watched the pilot movie. it is a lot of fun and there sure was a lot of eye candy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosterheim View Post
    Lots of great guest stars, including Sid Haig and that one actor who is in loads of TV, who played a Russian Officer in Red Dawn & Conan's father in Conan the Barbarian, and they had an episode with Mark Lenard, and many others.
    That's William Smith, who has long been a favorite of mine. Among many other parts (including the Eastwood orangutan films), he appeared multiple times on Fantasy Island, including playing Wyatt Earp in one.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, William Smith is a genre veteran from way back, he was even in a Universal Frankenstein movie when he was a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff13 View Post
    That's William Smith, who has long been a favorite of mine. Among many other parts (including the Eastwood orangutan films), he appeared multiple times on Fantasy Island, including playing Wyatt Earp in one.
    Ahh, very cool, thanks!

I bought the dvd set quite awhile back. It's a guilty pleasure.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Images
    getting back to the original question, I think you can watch it on the firestick. not really sure what the firestick is but my brother has it and just watched the whole series