Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any custom head customizers among us?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

I meant to post it here when I made it but things came up.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

*sigh* OK, then I guess I'll be selling the Mego uniform I ordered from Ebay. If anyone wants it, PM me. Oh yeah...good job.

(Sorry, but I have tears in my eyes right now).
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

You know Sherry, Michelle (Dr. McKenna) would also love a Mego action figure. If you were to take a Mego Glinda and get a little science uniform outfit made up for it, that would do the trick.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• HardyGirl
          • Apr 3, 2007

You know Mike, I like Michele, I really do, but she isn't the one I wanted to do this for. Vic is the person who inspired me, and has been super kind to me, and has replied to all of my e-mails, and I wanted to do this for HIM. It just felt like a punch in the stomach to know that it was already done and that I can't do this now. It may not make sense to you or anyone else, but that's OK. I will just have to think of something else.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
            You know Mike, I like Michele, I really do, but she isn't the one I wanted to do this for. Vic is the person who inspired me, and has been super kind to me, and has replied to all of my e-mails, and I wanted to do this for HIM. It just felt like a punch in the stomach to know that it was already done and that I can't do this now. It may not make sense to you or anyone else, but that's OK. I will just have to think of something else.
            Makes total sense to me. If you think of something I am sure there are many of us who would be happy to help.

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

I am sorry, when I did this a couple years ago, I did not dream that it would break the heart of someone I really like.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• mego73
                Printed paperboard Tiger
                • Aug 1, 2003

How about this? Vic appeared in the TMP uniform in the final episode, why not get a beater TMP Kirk, like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-MEGO-STA...4AAOSwCMFaSEem

No big deal to fix up the body, clean the outfit and make a new belt buckle sticker

And there are even more 12 inch Henry Cavill heads that could be given a Kirk hairdo out there, like this one.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1 6 Scale Superman Henry Cavill Head Sculpt Fit 12" Male Action Figure Body at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

And Voila You got the STC Kirk in TMO uniform from the final episode!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I appreciate you trying to make this right. But the idea was to give him something special; something he hadn't seen that no one else had given him. Vic gets literally hundreds of gifts from his fans, (and keeps them all too!). The really special ones are kept in his living room on display, while the rest are put in the guest room of his other home (like a storage room). He has mentioned this in his panels. Since hardly anyone replies to my posts about Star Trek Continues, I thought an action figure of him portraying Kirk would be perfect, and that I was the only one to think of it. But at SacAnime, I made give aways to promote STC for his autograph table. I was called awesome, amazing and a blessing. So perhaps I'll just stick w/ that. Or maybe I'll think of something else. I'm not nearly as upset as I was this morning, but it just really hurt, y'know? I just wanted to show Vic how much I appreciate his kindness in a unique way. Don't worry about it anymore, I'll get over it.

Comment

• mego73
                    Printed paperboard Tiger
                    • Aug 1, 2003

In a way, it’s good that I did speak up so you can think of something else that is unique. I only wished I posted about it those two years ago so you would’ve known then but there was a lot going on. I half expected he might have gotten something similar from someone else. Anyway, it was the fickle finger of fate.

I appreciate you trying to make this right. But the idea was to give him something special; something he hadn't seen that no one else had given him. Vic gets literally hundreds of gifts from his fans, (and keeps them all too!). The really special ones are kept in his living room on display, while the rest are put in the guest room of his other home (like a storage room). He has mentioned this in his panels. Since hardly anyone replies to my posts about Star Trek Continues, I thought an action figure of him portraying Kirk would be perfect, and that I was the only one to think of it. But at SacAnime, I made give aways to promote STC for his autograph table. I was called awesome, amazing and a blessing. So perhaps I'll just stick w/ that. Or maybe I'll think of something else. I'm not nearly as upset as I was this morning, but it just really hurt, y'know? I just wanted to show Vic how much I appreciate his kindness in a unique way. Don't worry about it anymore, I'll get over it.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎