X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Having said that there are some of the DC Batman Black and White statues that are just fugly, like this one, which is marked down to literally nothing on EE right now:
    Yikes! That is hideous.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I'm all up for artistic interpretation, but there are some styles that should never be translated into sculpture.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I saw these at out Target yesterday. Looked good.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, saw them over the weekend and ALMOST bought the main DC set. Had I not found the Marvel Legends Cap in retro Toy Biz packaging, I would have.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

To me, the big wins here: Superman back in his trunks! Batman in blue and in trunks! Wonder Woman with her lasso and no sword in sight! Aquaman back in his trunks! The flash not covered in unnecessary lightning bolts! Hawkwoman in trunks! It's like they were deigned to look like comic book superheroes or something . . .

Hawkman without pants . . . I'm hoping this is a pre-production sample error

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Hawkman has on pants in store. I saw him this weekend as well.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

^^ Whew!

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

The Target here in town closed 2-3 years back, so I had to go out towards Dayton to look for these, and came back with 4 sets of them...

The 5 pack of DC Heroes...

The Hawks...

and the 2 sets of Scooby Doo villains...

(you can also see my first Pinmate purchase, Dr. Strange in that last photo).

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm liking these more as I see them--I hope individual figures start showing up on ebay.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

There's a Joker/Luthor 2-pack too.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        There's a Joker/Luthor 2-pack too.

Chris
                        I saw it but skipped it. Same with the Scooby gang 5 pack and the Teen Titans Go stuff. I am not a big fan of the Joker any more (used to be but he's been so over-saturated that I just roll my eyes at anything Joker related these days and I never fully warmed to Lex, so it was an easy pass for me. I passed on the Joker fig in the 4 inch JL Action figs line as well.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

It seems Jakk's is jumping on this style bandwagon and producing Marvel and Disney sets in this style, I stumbled across them at Wal*Mart yesterday. I picked up the Avengers set, the figures are slightly smaller than the Hero World stuff but the same exaggerated style of sculpting...

There was a Spider-verse set, plus Toy Story and Moana Disney sets.

I wonder if they will do more. Seems a second Avengers set with Captain America and Black Panther would be a no-brainer.

-M

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎