X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by megoapesnut
    Believe it or not I am re-reading The Stand!!! Just bought the Blu-ray too!

I just started a King book too, but not one of the horror classics. I started Joyland from the Hard Case Crime line.

I am also reading my way through Shop Talk, a collection of interviews by Will Eisner with some of the greats of the comics industry. I've read the first three interviews so far-with Neal Adams, C.C. Beck, and Milton Canniff.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• great_chandel
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2, 2015

I am reading: Darn Right it's Butch. It is the autobiography of Tommy "Butch" Bond. He played in many of the "Little Rascals" shorts. I am a massive "Little Rascals" fan. His memories of the other kids and filming -- was just incredible. Ironically, his side-kick in the shorts, an actor named "Stanley "the woim" Kibrick, is still alive at age 91. I wrote to him. He sent back a very nice autographed picture and a note!

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I just finished Peter Sagal's "The Incomplete Book of Running" and, as an amateur running myself, found it to describe running exactly the same way I think about it.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megoapesnut
          The name says it all!
          • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Wee67
          I don't believe you
          Hahahaha!! It's true!

Comment

• The Nawd
            Nawd your head for yes.
            • Feb 15, 2011

I'm currently reading "The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words, Volume One". I'm about halfway through the book. Volume Two will be next.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

The Life of George Washington by John Marshall. Just finished Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools. I rarely read fiction although if I can find a story that really pulls me in I'm always open for a good book.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                  Fist of Khonshu
                  • Mar 29, 2005

Poe...complete works...

I’m rather partial to classic stuff...
                  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Groucho Marx, Master Detective by Ron Goulart. The series is apparently twenty years old, but I only just learned of it.

Groucho.jpg

Comment

• Mongoose1983
                      Career Member
                      • May 14, 2010

Yesterday I bought this one. I woke up late as I read it non stop 'til five AM...

Mick Wall - Black Sabbath, Symptom of the Universe.

The guy was Sabbath's PR for some years, so he knows what he's writing about. The book's got some very interesting detail, and throughout its pages you can feel the texture of the band. The extra thing about Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz band is also fantastic. Highly recommended to anybody interested in classic metal!

www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Just finished Dawn by Octavia E. Butler, the first book of the Xenogenesis series. It's first time I've read anything by her and I was quite impressed. She has a knack for portraying an alien species that truly feel alien and not like a human culture with soem weird physical characteristics.

I've also started the Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler. Can't go wrong with a little Phillip Marlowe in your life.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

I'm reading the Kinnikuman manga.
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

I became interested in the sci-fi sub-genre known as Afrofuturism, in large part because of reading Octavia Butler, but knew little about it, so read Ytasha Womack's book called Afrofuturism which examines the entire cultural movement which spawned the sub-genre.

I also read the full unabridged version of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for the first time. I had read abridged children's versions ans seen adaptations, but never the full text before.

I am currently reading the first book of the classic sci-fi Lensman series Triplanetary by E.E. Doc Smith and the first book in a new to me modern fantasy series, The Blade Itself by Joe Abercombie (first book of the First Law trilogy).

In terms of graphic novels, I finished James Tynion's The Woods series all 9 volumes) and am currently rereading Warren Ellis & John Cassaday's Planetary series, but am only through the first volume. CI also read through most of the current crop of Conan comics from the Marvel revival of the character-Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, The Age of Conan minis and the Serpent Crown mini. I've also read the first volume of the Eerie Archives collecting the classic Warren mag, and have reread through the first six issues of Marvel's answer to Heavy Metal,,,Epic Illustrated, including Jim Starlin's epic Metamorphosis Odyssey series.

I have a large stack of prose form the library I hope to get through this summer as well.

-M

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

After watching the history’s channel 3 part miniseries on Ulysses S Grant, I’m reading all about him on different online website’s.

My local public library is closed due to the virus, but as soon as it reopens I will probably find some books on him.

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ This may be helpful: http://civilwarsaga.com/ulysses-s-grant-books/

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎