Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Just finished the brutally depressing House Rules from Heather Lewis. Need something light and whimsical to pick up my spirits. Let's hope Mr. Dazai can provide some chuckles.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I decided to re-read the first "novel" I can remember reading, Matthew Looney and the Space Pirates. Of course, I had tons of picture books like Dr Suess or Curious George, but this was the first way-more-words-than-pictures book. I was also attracted to the Gahan Wilson artwork!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I picked this up in Japan on my last trip.

It's called "Doctor Monster! Shoji Otomo's Best Works".

Shoji Otomo was an editor of several Shonen Magazines during the Kaiju boom of the 1960s, and pioneered the "Cutaway view" of science fiction monsters, and machinery that is still popular today. (See any of Dorling Kindersley's Star Wars Cross Section books).
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i'm reading Lightfoot, by Nick Jennings. it's a biography of the late Gordon Lightfoot. he was an interesting and humble man

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I had the essential volume. Not an traditional superhero comic but if you view it as an independent book and just go for the ride.
            20230528_091803.jpg

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

BIFF: Quick Responses to High-Conflict People, Their Personal Attacks, Hostile Email and Social Media Meltdowns

I recently picked up this book and wish it was mandatory reading. It deals with internet conflict and the best paths to deal with it. It involves not changing anybody's mind but yours about dealing with hostile, blame-seeking people who project their mismanaged emotions at you. I've cringed reading this several times and liken it to the type of verbal judo you can practice. Excellent read and I'm only on Chapter 3.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I feel like I could've used a copy of that ten years ago.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

PXL_20231115_184359154~2.jpg

Found my latest reads at Half Priced Book Store: Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo & The Phantom and The Scorpia Menace
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡