Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with International shipping?

What's up with International shipping?

Hi, Been out of the loop with overseas buying since Covid. Is Europe taking extra long? For me in the past about 7-16 days England/Europe to be in my hands. Now sometimes I have experienced delays for customs ect. I have a package sitting for 9 days in customs in Chicago. Been about 20 days since mailed. New Normal?

oh yes! Covid delays.

I ordered a couple of books from Japan on Feb 25. They arrived on Saturday. Delays are going to be bad for a long while. I have another parcel sitting in customs since June 20. For parts of my hobby I have to order overseas, so I've just had to accept this new shopping expectation.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Images
    Probably has to sit in an isolation area in customs until a predetermined amount of time has passed when the virus (if carried in the package) will be dead

If I was Europe, i'd be more worried about packages coming from the USA
    .................................................. .......................

I've been waiting on a package from Thailand since mid March.
    U.S.-side tracking paused at "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", Thailand-side tracking says it's been on the boat since the beginning of May.

Hell, I don't think I've had a single domestic package get to me in less than 7 days.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's the new normal.

Images
    I purchased a book that took 3 weeks to arrive. So yep, I would say that Covid has affected shipping pretty hard.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Heck I had a priority package I sent and it took 7 days domestic to California
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Blog Entries
    I bought a bunch of stuff from Entertainment Earth on May 23, on the 24th, it went to LAX. On June 23rd, I got a notice it was getting on a plane (I had largely assumed it was stolen), on July 3rd, I got it. A day later I got a second item I ordered on June 5th. Things are messed up right now.

Images
    Had to wait two months on a package from CTVT
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meule View Post
    Had to wait two months on a package from CTVT
    That's the only company that oddly got stuff to me in 5-7 days during all of this. i guess there were more shipment between Florida and Toronto than the rest of the country.

I've had bits coming from all over the planet during the shutdown with varied results… amazingly, somehow anything from China gets here incredibly fast, faster than domestic priority. Japan, Southeast Asia, and Europe have all been slow. Mexico is just always slow.

Prices are up across the globe too and from what Ive read, staying higher and going higher.
    Last edited by Confessional; Jul 10, '20 at 9:26 AM. Reason: …changed world!