X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
    Yes, thank you for that info, the #2 book by Ron Chernow, I will search for at the public library, he was a special guest speaker during the mini series.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Picked up an omnibus edition of the first three volumes of Dragonball.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I'm currently reading Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt on my Kindle. I'm a big fan of Oswalt, I just finished watching his newest stand up special on Netflix and though I'd check out one of his books, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
          I'm currently reading Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt on my Kindle. I'm a big fan of Oswalt, I just finished watching his newest stand up special on Netflix and though I'd check out one of his books, I'm really enjoying it so far.
          That's a fun book, I've read it and "Silver Screen Fiend".
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, I'm almost through it, so "Silver Screen Fiend" might be next!

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

I finished Joe Abercrombie's the Blade Itself, and loved it. I am looking forward to diving in to the rest of the series.

I was less enamored of Gentleman of the Road by Michael Chabon. I discovered Chabon with TheAdventures of Kavalier and Clay, which I loved, but I have been disappointed by just about everything else I read for Chabon. Gentleman of the Road was a histotical adventure novel featuring a pair of adventures in Asie Minor circa 950 AD, but just lacked the punch needed in a gripping adventure tale.

I also revisited Planetary by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday. Man I love that series, I devoured all 4 volumes of the trade, and each time I read that series I find more stuff to love.

I am currently reading a GN adaptation of Octavia Butler's The Parable of the Sower with art by JohnJennings (of the Black Kirby collective I mentioned in a previous post) and just started the Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, the first book of the Gentleman *******s series that has been highly recommended to me.

The second Abercrombie book, Before They Were Hanged, is on deck.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

This arrived today. Bukowski was fond of Jeffers, so starting tomorrow, I will Be Angry at the Sun.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• justzeg18
                  Career Member
                  • May 5, 2003

Just finished listening to the new Max Brooks release Devolution.
                  It was pretty good, I'd recommend it if you were a fan of World War Z as well as bigfoot.

Comment

• justzeg18
                    Career Member
                    • May 5, 2003

Started Pure Invention by Matt Alt today, should be a good read.

About Pure Invention

The untold story of how Japan became a cultural superpower through the fantastic inventions that captured—and transformed—the world’s imagination.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

I remember Matt from the old ToyboxDX days.
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I remember good ol' Matt as well, he's a good writer, I'll have to check out this book.

I'm currently reading Blood Fire Death: The Swedish Metal Story, it covers a lot of bands that I'm a fan of.

Comment

• Godzilla
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 3, 2002

Just finishing the autobiography of Shirley Temple.
                          Mortui Vivos Docent
                          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Re-reading 'Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.' I was assigned to read this in college. It is at times depressing given Hunter Thompson's pithy insights, but its' helping me process this election as well.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

I just finished Devolution by Max Brooks, which is a horror story involving a tribe of Big Foots (Big Feet?). He also wrote the zombie book World War Z. I thought the new book was pretty good. Looks like the rights have already been sold to make it into a movie.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

"Simians and Serialism-The Expanded Second Edition" by John O'Callaghan

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎