X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Custom Mego Columbian Super Powers -- Defensores de la Tierra

I was inspired by Palitoy's thread about the Columbian Super Powers knock-off line named “Defenders of the Earth” and just had to make these in Custom Mego form.

The crown-jewel of the line is Capitan Rayo.

Capitan Rayo is simply a re-painted Kenner Super Powers Superman figure He has a number of variations so I chose the one below as my favorite.

My version uses an FTC Superman head; S-type body; FTC belt and boots; Laser Mego emblem; and my suit.

Solaris

Solaris is simply a repaint of the Kenner Super Powers Flash with an orange Batman cape.

My version uses an FTC Flash head re-painted; Mego T2 body; belt, gloves, boots from FTC; emblem from Laser Mego; my suit.

Atlanta

Atlanta is a re-painted Kenner Super Powers Wonder Woman,

My version uses an FTC head; Mego female body; Laser Mego tiara emblem; and my suit.

Smock

Smock is simply a repainted Kenner Super Powers Green Lantern with a black Batman cape.

My version uses an FTC Green Lantern head, gloves, boots, belt; Laser Mego emblem; my suit.

Cibernetico

Cibernetico is a repaint of a Kenner Super Powers Superman body with an Aquaman head.

My version uses an FTC Aquaman head, glove, boots, belt; suit by me; all emblems Laser Mego.

Jack el Fetid

Jack el Fetid uses a Kenner Super Powers Aquaman body (if you look closely you can see his scales) and a head from a Columbian soccer/futbol player figure.

My version uses an FTC Conan head, belt, and boots; Laser Mego emblem; suits and cape my me.

Super Oxide

Super Oxide is a complete Kenner Super Powers Robin repaint with a blue Batman cape.

My version uses an FTC SF Robin head, belt, gloves, and booties; suit by Hawkmike.

Jaguar

Jaguar is a re-painted Kenner Super Powers Batman with a yellow cape.

My version uses an FTC head, glove, boots, and belt; emblem by Laser Mego; suit by me.

La Capitana Raya is an original character I have added to the line. She is based on Supergirl. She uses an FTC female head, slippers, and cape; emblem from Laser Mego; suit by me.

Group shot

Here is the collage of figures from the site “Defenders of the Earth”

and here is my homage to it...

At Mego Meet this year I will be auctioning off a set of these that will come with Super Powers styled backer cards and clamshells. And, also in Super Powers style, the Capitana la Raya figure will come in a “mailer box” (with the auction winner's name and address on it) as a Defensores de la Tierra mail away exclusive figure a la Clark Kent. There will be only two sets of these made. The one you see here from my collection and one for the lucky auction winner. Proceeds will go to the Mego Museum and the bidding will have a reserve of $1,000 for the exclusive nine-figure set. So, if you are interested, start saving your money now.

As you may be able to tell, I had a blast creating these. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Pretty darn cool and I Love the bright colours.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Great figures, and I like the addition to the set.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• newlyknighted
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 21, 2010

Really cool Austin!
        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

those are cool.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

all are very mego-like. Cool

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

This is such a great idea. I love how colorful and quirky they all are... perfect fit for Mego!

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

I love them. Those are some truly well made figures of some wonderfully awful designs.

Comment

• Grimjohn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 28, 2011

Magnificent! I absolutely love these!!!
                  My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• mjaycox
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 16, 2008

Oh man, what a fabulous, shlocky, line-up-- I can just see this being sold at the flea market in Wheeling or the dollar store in the seedier parts of town.

My favorite is "Stinky Jack" followed by Superoxide-- only the second-most embarrassing re-use of a Superpowers Robin (The first, of course, being Christian Slater as Will Scarlet in RH:Prince of Thieves).

I can't believe you finished this line, lol. Truly, awfully, epic
                    Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• mjaycox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 16, 2008

Obviously I love it, in case I didn't make that clear. There are few things I love more than a great bootleg-- and these are customs of a bootleg, which just fries my synapses!
                      Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

These all look amazing, good use of FTC heads and your outfits are awesome, very nicely done.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Another well done labor of love!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Nice pile of figures, and really love seeing something so off the wall.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

These are unbelievable.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎