X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The 1978 AHI Toy Catalog

The undisputed king of the "Rack Toy" in the 1970s was Azrak-Hamway International or "AHI" for short.

They were riding high with past hits like Batman, Spider-Man, Star Trek, Space 1999 but 1978 saw them add James Bond 007, Farrah Fawcette, Donnie and Marie, the Walt Disney characters and their answer to Star Wars, Star Fleet!

It's a real blast down the pharmacy toy aisle, check it out here:
    1978 Azrak Hamway Toy Catalog on PlaidStallions.

Follow Plaidstallions on Twitter
    Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

So many unlocked memories. I still have a few of the Batman and Spider-Man items, but the real "I HAD THAT!" moment was the Disney cash register. I had totally forgotten about owning that, but all these memories came flooding back. I can even feel those thick coins in my hands. Thanks as always for sharing Brian!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I purchased this catalog thinking i had it. Turns out i did, I got it from a lot from "Big Reds" and it was so water damaged i couldn't open it. So while i recognized the cover, it was all new and exciting inside, win/win!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I love this stuff. Those stunt cycles were a close second to parachutes for toy fun play value.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

I remember having the Batman and Spider-Man stunt cycles. Of course, I had the Spider-Man Parachutist.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Um....Everyone is talking about the licensed products, but the items I remember are the Little Miss appliances.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I remember seeing these at local pharmacy stores and Kresges, I had parachute Superman and Batman, and still even to this day, I can't for the life of me wonder why Superman needed a parachute?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Superman's red gloves and yellow circle around his "S" screamed "bootleg"...even though it wasn't. But I loved the Parachute figures. Had Supes, Bats, Spidey, Hulk and Cap. Still have my childhood Spidey, and a replacement Cap.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

When Superman would visit Kandor didn't he used to parachute in? I seem to remember him and maybe Jimmy doing that. Or it's my noodle playing tricks on me. Hard to say.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^You are right! Yes, Superman and Jimmy would parachute in, and often become Nightwing and Flamebird, the Batman and Robin of Kandor.

So, it's not as far off in concept as one would imagine, but the figure is a mess!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^You are right! Yes, Superman and Jimmy would parachute in, and often become Nightwing and Flamebird, the Batman and Robin of Kandor.

So, it's not as far off in concept as one would imagine, but the figure is a mess!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎