Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A world of Fisher Price Adventure

I had a bunch of the Fisher Price stuff when I was a wee lad (the style that inspired pinmates) but never got any of the Adventure People sets. I did somehow get the gorilla from the safari set (I think a cousin left him mixed in with my Micronauts and Star Wars figures at some point, and I used him as a stand in for Igoo the Rock Ape (from Herculoids) who has crossed over into the Microverse and become regular sized (compared to the figures around him).

I did pick up a few Adventure People vehicles at an estate sale last year (an airplane and boat) and each had figures with it, but this was on a whim and I don't usually look for the stuff when I am at shows, though I wouldn't mind getting some of the space stuff.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Jan 4, '18 at 4:46 PM.

I had left overs ftom my older brother these are very well made

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    I think they a great toys and did have a few sets. But it's one of those lines I've never felt the urge to recollect. I do admit I'd probably feel differently if they had done any castle or fantasy sets.
    Yeah, that sounds good, and if they made anything with a trap door to drop figures through, that would be worth collecting.

---------------

I missed out on that boat, I could have recreated Jaws. I should have been able to get little yellow barrels somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I still marvel at the fact that I don't recall these at all!

Chris
    Same here.
    Though I was a young teenager then. The only toys I really scoped out were Star Wars and Micronauts.
    Which were the only figures I really played with.

Images
    I remember the Christmas I got the Alpha Probe. Definitely one of my top 5 most memorable Christmas presents. It was my stand-in Millennium Falcon for years... and it really embodies that knock-off toy paradox: as a kid, I sort of looked down on it for not being "the real thing", but now with the benefit of hindsight, I love it all the more because it was unique.

Adventure people for me was just important as Star Wars or any other toy line I had from back then. I had several of those sets and some of them have lasted and look great considering I played rough with them. Those toys were very underrated. We would mix them with Star Wars and gijoe's. never got the spaceship though. Even as a kid I felt they were trying to get in on Star Wars. But those camping and underwater sets as well as the jeep are toys my nieces and nephews play. With to this day....great memories!
    Funny story...you remember the news action set they had. We had a news guy named Jerry turner who looked Exactly like the news reporter figure. The other figure that it came with I thought was modeled after another local news reporter named......Oprah Winfrey! (Long before she was Oprah)...
    So as a 7 year old I thought that this set was based off our local news...haha
    Last edited by Spawn67; Jan 5, '18 at 12:06 PM.

Images
    What might have been...

Star Wars Fisher Price reproductions.jpg

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Images
    I had three sets and I played with them constantly for about a 2 year period. I imagine "Star Wars" was what finally curbed my interest in Adventure People, but I still rate the sets I had as a "cherished memory of good play". It was a really great line of sets and figures.

Here are the links to some guides via the Fisher-Price Collectors Club Website if anyone is interested. Like the Museum, this group has an annual meet up.

http://www.fpclub.org/adventuremain.html#guide
    http://www.fpclub.org/adventurefigures.html

Quote Originally Posted by SKotK View Post
    What might have been...

Star Wars Fisher Price reproductions.jpg

--SKot

I love those. Wish someone would make some quality repros.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    I had anything SCUBA/Diving, Rescue/Fire/Medical and motocross. Loved the parachutist and parachute. I also had a couple of the kid glider pilot figure. They released a working glider, but it was pulled because they thought the figure may fall off and hurt someone. So, some of those gliders are out there. Knowing Fisher Price, I’m sure they were a heck of a lot of fun!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?