Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A world of Fisher Price Adventure

Plaid Stallions A world of Fisher Price Adventure

By '81 I had moved on from the wholesome (and awesome) Fisher Price Adventure People line but it was such a happy memory that I can honestly remember pouring over the new sets in every wish book.

I especially recall being kind of miffed about the submarine complete with octopus "Oh sure, now they come out with that!".

Follow Plaidstallions on Twitter
    Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    I think they a great toys and did have a few sets. But it's one of those lines I've never felt the urge to recollect. I do admit I'd probably feel differently if they had done any castle or fantasy sets.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    As I look at these, it seems like Imaginext is the new Adventure People.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I still marvel at the fact that I don't recall these at all!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    We were definitely a FP family, and I had a few of the Adventure People figures (a couple of the daredevil ones and the Frogman, definitely), but I have never seen the ones like #s 4-6, with the blockier toys that apparently are still poseable. I knew the original Little People (and even had trucks much like in #s 8 & 10 but for LP Construction Workers) and the Adventure People, but I didn't realize non-Adventure People Fisher-Price toys had arms until they revamped some of the lines with some figures who had sort of action features (like a quick draw in their later western town). But now I'm thinking I should look for the Farm Set & Rodeo Rig to enhance my Western Towns (and bridge the two types of figures).
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Had a lot of figures, but aside from the parachute, no playsets! I just love this line. For kids of all ages, but not dumbed down like modern "adventure" character toys with superdeformed features and huge feet. (I don't care for those "blockier" versions either). Just honest, sincerity engineered into friendly looking toys with incredible play value.

I also love the signature arm poses with the one pointing hand. Reminds me of the Comic Action Hero "crouch" pose. You know a FP Adventure People figure when you see it.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    That sub/helicopter/octopus set was the only FP set I ever had. I used to combine it with my rubber sharks for "Jaws" style action.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I still marvel at the fact that I don't recall these at all!

Chris
    Same here. I never even heard of these things until I joined MM. But then by '81 I was 15 years old, and my kid brother was into all that He-man jazz. But in getting props for my 18 inch doll blog, I did buy the green camper van, (good for Barbie's Country Camper, or GI Joes) and the little space roving robot that my doll Danny uses for the Venus Probe (for his mini SMDM guy). I also have some space commander that gets used for the GI Joe Commander.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Images
    These toys are some of the best ever made. Highly underrated toy line

Images
    I had some of the race car drivers. They went with my Star Wars figures as extra Rebel pilots.