Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Adventure people for me was just important as Star Wars or any other toy line I had from back then. I had several of those sets and some of them have lasted and look great considering I played rough with them. Those toys were very underrated. We would mix them with Star Wars and gijoe's. never got the spaceship though. Even as a kid I felt they were trying to get in on Star Wars. But those camping and underwater sets as well as the jeep are toys my nieces and nephews play. With to this day....great memories!
    Funny story...you remember the news action set they had. We had a news guy named Jerry turner who looked Exactly like the news reporter figure. The other figure that it came with I thought was modeled after another local news reporter named......Oprah Winfrey! (Long before she was Oprah)...
    So as a 7 year old I thought that this set was based off our local news...haha
    Last edited by Spawn67; Jan 5, '18, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

What might have been...

Star Wars Fisher Price reproductions.jpg

--SKot
      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I had three sets and I played with them constantly for about a 2 year period. I imagine "Star Wars" was what finally curbed my interest in Adventure People, but I still rate the sets I had as a "cherished memory of good play". It was a really great line of sets and figures.

Here are the links to some guides via the Fisher-Price Collectors Club Website if anyone is interested. Like the Museum, this group has an annual meet up.

http://www.fpclub.org/adventuremain.html#guide
        http://www.fpclub.org/adventurefigures.html

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by SKotK
          What might have been...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22131[/ATTACH]

--SKot

I love those. Wish someone would make some quality repros.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I had anything SCUBA/Diving, Rescue/Fire/Medical and motocross. Loved the parachutist and parachute. I also had a couple of the kid glider pilot figure. They released a working glider, but it was pulled because they thought the figure may fall off and hurt someone. So, some of those gliders are out there. Knowing Fisher Price, I’m sure they were a heck of a lot of fun!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Ninersphan1
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              These toys are some of the best ever made. Highly underrated toy line
              Completely agree. To me they were almost like Adventure team Gi Joe's in 3 3/4" scale. They were tough too. These were made to be played with and played with hard.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎