X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

A world of Fisher Price Adventure

By '81 I had moved on from the wholesome (and awesome) Fisher Price Adventure People line but it was such a happy memory that I can honestly remember pouring over the new sets in every wish book.

I especially recall being kind of miffed about the submarine complete with octopus "Oh sure, now they come out with that!".

Follow Plaidstallions on Twitter
    Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I think they a great toys and did have a few sets. But it's one of those lines I've never felt the urge to recollect. I do admit I'd probably feel differently if they had done any castle or fantasy sets.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

As I look at these, it seems like Imaginext is the new Adventure People.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I still marvel at the fact that I don't recall these at all!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

We were definitely a FP family, and I had a few of the Adventure People figures (a couple of the daredevil ones and the Frogman, definitely), but I have never seen the ones like #s 4-6, with the blockier toys that apparently are still poseable. I knew the original Little People (and even had trucks much like in #s 8 & 10 but for LP Construction Workers) and the Adventure People, but I didn't realize non-Adventure People Fisher-Price toys had arms until they revamped some of the lines with some figures who had sort of action features (like a quick draw in their later western town). But now I'm thinking I should look for the Farm Set & Rodeo Rig to enhance my Western Towns (and bridge the two types of figures).
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Had a lot of figures, but aside from the parachute, no playsets! I just love this line. For kids of all ages, but not dumbed down like modern "adventure" character toys with superdeformed features and huge feet. (I don't care for those "blockier" versions either). Just honest, sincerity engineered into friendly looking toys with incredible play value.

I also love the signature arm poses with the one pointing hand. Reminds me of the Comic Action Hero "crouch" pose. You know a FP Adventure People figure when you see it.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

That sub/helicopter/octopus set was the only FP set I ever had. I used to combine it with my rubber sharks for "Jaws" style action.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                Same here. I never even heard of these things until I joined MM. But then by '81 I was 15 years old, and my kid brother was into all that He-man jazz. But in getting props for my 18 inch doll blog, I did buy the green camper van, (good for Barbie's Country Camper, or GI Joes) and the little space roving robot that my doll Danny uses for the Venus Probe (for his mini SMDM guy). I also have some space commander that gets used for the GI Joe Commander.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

These toys are some of the best ever made. Highly underrated toy line
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I had some of the race car drivers. They went with my Star Wars figures as extra Rebel pilots.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

I had a bunch of the Fisher Price stuff when I was a wee lad (the style that inspired pinmates) but never got any of the Adventure People sets. I did somehow get the gorilla from the safari set (I think a cousin left him mixed in with my Micronauts and Star Wars figures at some point, and I used him as a stand in for Igoo the Rock Ape (from Herculoids) who has crossed over into the Microverse and become regular sized (compared to the figures around him).

I did pick up a few Adventure People vehicles at an estate sale last year (an airplane and boat) and each had figures with it, but this was on a whim and I don't usually look for the stuff when I am at shows, though I wouldn't mind getting some of the space stuff.

-M
                      Last edited by MRP; Jan 4, '18, 4:46 PM.
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bravestarr
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 26, 2017

I had left overs ftom my older brother these are very well made

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I think they a great toys and did have a few sets. But it's one of those lines I've never felt the urge to recollect. I do admit I'd probably feel differently if they had done any castle or fantasy sets.
                          Yeah, that sounds good, and if they made anything with a trap door to drop figures through, that would be worth collecting.

---------------

I missed out on that boat, I could have recreated Jaws. I should have been able to get little yellow barrels somewhere.

Comment

• tay666
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                            Same here.
                            Though I was a young teenager then. The only toys I really scoped out were Star Wars and Micronauts.
                            Which were the only figures I really played with.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

I remember the Christmas I got the Alpha Probe. Definitely one of my top 5 most memorable Christmas presents. It was my stand-in Millennium Falcon for years... and it really embodies that knock-off toy paradox: as a kid, I sort of looked down on it for not being "the real thing", but now with the benefit of hindsight, I love it all the more because it was unique.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎