X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    It has nothing to do with it. China FTC is close to vintage Mego and those were seemingly "OK."

The "problem", even with heavier bodies like BBP/DM/EMCE, is in the too-tight stringing.
    Agreed. If they could get the stringing of the body right, I would never have to replace them. And my restringing efforts have not been very successful.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
      That is just one of the reasons.It feels cheap and you know it.Don't pretend like you don't know....especially for the $29.99 plus shipping price tag.
      Don't tell me what I know. To me the bodies are fine, the issue I have is 30 bucks for oversized heads on some figures and poor costume execution on others. Couldn't care less about your weight obsession. I've had breakage with the Castaway bodies and screws strip out after one rescrewing, so not so perfect either like you let on.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Agreed. If they could get the stringing of the body right, I would never have to replace them. And my restringing efforts have not been very successful.
        I've used O Rings with success. All I keep is the shoulder metal hook and the hip pins. The rings are about the size of a dime.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Don't tell me what I know. To me the bodies are fine, the issue I have is 30 bucks for oversized heads on some figures and poor costume execution on others. Couldn't care less about your weight obsession. I've had breakage with the Castaway bodies and screws strip out after one rescrewing, so not so perfect either like you let on.
          There is no comparison to the S-type and majority of people who have them know the greater difference between the two.

No rubber bands to deal with!
          Better poseability!
          Better plastic! (which makes a heavier figure. Yes,the feel (weight) of a figure matters as it doesn't feel cheap)
          Costumes fit better on them vs the smaller FTC bodies
          Extra hands (fists, grip hands) VS. the same standard usual "cup" hand that we almost get with every FTC figure.

I have never had a breakage with S-types.I customize a lot too So,Not sure what you are doing that you're breaking them.

The screws won't strip if you are using the proper screw driver.

And nothing is perfect! but there is no comparison trying to compare these bodies to each other
          Last edited by Teemu; Jan 15, '18, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Has ANYBODY bought the Headless Horseman?! I may have missed it but thought by now there'd be pics showing how that mask fits the head. Looks more like a hat.

I really want to LIKE this figure but the pics just look off to me.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It's like a hat, not a replacement head. But I haven't seen before and after pix, either.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

New question: is this figure on a fat body, having tights with suspenders?
                Last edited by PNGwynne; May 4, '18, 4:17 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎