Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Headless Horseman from Scooby Doo Question

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    It has nothing to do with it. China FTC is close to vintage Mego and those were seemingly "OK."

The "problem", even with heavier bodies like BBP/DM/EMCE, is in the too-tight stringing.
    Agreed. If they could get the stringing of the body right, I would never have to replace them. And my restringing efforts have not been very successful.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
    That is just one of the reasons.It feels cheap and you know it.Don't pretend like you don't know....especially for the $29.99 plus shipping price tag.
    Don't tell me what I know. To me the bodies are fine, the issue I have is 30 bucks for oversized heads on some figures and poor costume execution on others. Couldn't care less about your weight obsession. I've had breakage with the Castaway bodies and screws strip out after one rescrewing, so not so perfect either like you let on.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    Agreed. If they could get the stringing of the body right, I would never have to replace them. And my restringing efforts have not been very successful.
    I've used O Rings with success. All I keep is the shoulder metal hook and the hip pins. The rings are about the size of a dime.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Don't tell me what I know. To me the bodies are fine, the issue I have is 30 bucks for oversized heads on some figures and poor costume execution on others. Couldn't care less about your weight obsession. I've had breakage with the Castaway bodies and screws strip out after one rescrewing, so not so perfect either like you let on.
    There is no comparison to the S-type and majority of people who have them know the greater difference between the two.

No rubber bands to deal with!
    Better poseability!
    Better plastic! (which makes a heavier figure. Yes,the feel (weight) of a figure matters as it doesn't feel cheap)
    Costumes fit better on them vs the smaller FTC bodies
    Extra hands (fists, grip hands) VS. the same standard usual "cup" hand that we almost get with every FTC figure.

I have never had a breakage with S-types.I customize a lot too So,Not sure what you are doing that you're breaking them.

The screws won't strip if you are using the proper screw driver.

And nothing is perfect! but there is no comparison trying to compare these bodies to each other
    Last edited by Teemu; Jan 15, '18 at 10:31 AM.