X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Goblin19
    Just opened mine. You have to pull the entire thing that the collar is attached to over his head and place the pumpkin on the head. He wears it like a hat. I think it looks really nice, actually. The pumpkin head is only made to sit on top, because it is not colmoetely hollow. Just picked up a bunch of Scooby figures. I think they're all quite nice.
    which is completely inaccurate to the cartoon art on the front of the package.The pumpkin is actually suppose to sit completely over his head. FTC screwed it up

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

In the cartoon, doesn't he throw his pumpkin head and show himself with no head at all? They way it sounds like they did it is probably the best way to accomplish this. Or at least have him holding the pumpkin.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Goblin19
        It sits on his head. The bottom is carved out to fit over about 1/3 of his head.
        Oh well.....there's goes my desire to get it.....sign

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

This is still a sharp figure. Just buy an extra AJ head or some-such, cut part of it away and use it for a neck-plug adapter for the jack-o-lantern.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 11, '18, 10:13 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

why wouldn't they have just scaled everything so the pumpkin fits over the villains head?
            It is a darn nice looking figure otherwise...
            A a solid voice against buying FTC stuff at retail (if I buy any FTC at all), this last round of Scooby Figures has my cash in-hand....just can't quite make the jump because there is so much salt in my mouth since that first Riddler arm fell right off out of the package. Customers don't forget and are hard pressed to be forgiving easily...but these Scooby Figures are tempting.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Because the animated pumpkin is head-sized, not oversized. They could have done alternate heads I suppose.

I have some hollow Dollar General jack-o-lanterns that could be modified to serve as an overhead mask.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by noelani72
                why wouldn't they have just scaled everything so the pumpkin fits over the villains head?
                It is a darn nice looking figure otherwise...
                A a solid voice against buying FTC stuff at retail (if I buy any FTC at all), this last round of Scooby Figures has my cash in-hand....just can't quite make the jump because there is so much salt in my mouth since that first Riddler arm fell right off out of the package. Customers don't forget and are hard pressed to be forgiving easily...but these Scooby Figures are tempting.
                Scooby figures are very tempting for sure,but then reality sets in and I then realize I have to spend more money and change the bodies out to make them good....

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                  Scooby figures are very tempting for sure,but then reality sets in and I then realize I have to spend more money and change the bodies out to make them good....
                  huge reason why i've stayed away from FTC.

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

I think these figures are great, Im not that fussy like U Guys, the only thing that keeps me away, is the price. Nearly $40 is way too much......

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by alex
                      I think these figures are great, Im not that fussy like U Guys, the only thing that keeps me away, is the price. Nearly $40 is way too much......
                      exactly, over-priced for what you get....now if they gave us much better bodies,the price would be justified

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

the male bodies are fine, maybe you had bad luck or something. Since they switched from India the bodies have been much better. If I get one a little too tight I just replace the bands with 5 cents worth of o rings.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          the male bodies are fine, maybe you had bad luck or something. Since they switched from India the bodies have been much better. If I get one a little too tight I just replace the bands with 5 cents worth of o rings.
                          if you like featherweight plastic crap...I guess they are fine enough. Nah, the S-type has spoiled me and I won't except anything lesser than that

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Don't know what the weight has to do with it at all.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

It has nothing to do with it. China FTC is close to vintage Mego and those were seemingly "OK."

The "problem", even with heavier bodies like BBP/DM/EMCE, is in the too-tight stringing.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                Don't know what the weight has to do with it at all.
                                That is just one of the reasons.It feels cheap and you know it.Don't pretend like you don't know....especially for the $29.99 plus shipping price tag.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎