X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Power Records

I want to start collecting the book and record 45s. Is there a good guide on the internet to help?
  • number 6
    Village Idiot
    • Jul 10, 2003

I don’t know about the internet, but the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide has a pretty good listing of what was published. Though it’s kind of lacking on details with regard to variations.

You have to be mindful of the changes between Power Records and Peter Pan, the pricing variations, and watch for corner clipping.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

While there is no substitute for vinyl and a colorful booklet in hand, all of the audio can be found on the interwebs. I can't remember the site I streamed them through, but I'll see if I can find the link.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

I downloaded audio from: http://powerrecordsplaza.blogspot.com

I have not downloaded images but some are available here http://runstop.de/powerrecords/downloads02.html

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Power Pal (and co-host of The Power Records Podcast ) Chris Franklin sent me this pic of a Wonder Woman drinking glass that uses the N...

The only power record I have is the FF#126 set. I paid less than $10 and it's a clean copy. I like listening on YouTube and the Power Records podcast but don't have the urge to own them unless I found them in the wild for a couple bucks.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Good luck! It's a wonderful journey. I have a pretty good sized collection, so if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Comment

• Bravestarr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 26, 2017

Love Power Records

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

That's my pal and podcasting partner Rob Kelly's blog. We host the Power Records podcast as well, and we always play the audio from each record we cover, as well as our commentary.

Hosted by Rob Kelly and Chris Franklin (SUPER MATES PODCAST), the POWER RECORDS PODCAST is devoted to the classic book and record sets of the 1970s and 80s. Where the action comes alive!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• number 6
                  Village Idiot
                  • Jul 10, 2003

One of the Power Records comics I had as a kid was the Batman Stacked Deck. For me, the voice actors always were and always will be the voices of Batman, Robin and the Joker. I lover everything about that issue, I think it’s one of the best Batman stories.

I was fortunate enough a few years ago to get a really sharp sealed copy off eBay. The seller had almost all the book & recorded sets listed in the same condition. I only bid on the Batman one but I’ve kicked myself ever since for not buying more. They’re so hard to find in that condition.

Since it’s the only Neal Adams comic I actual had as a kid (born in ‘72, too late for the DC stuff) I bought another opened copy and had it signed by Neal Adams.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I only have the Batman LP with Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, and Scarecrow stories. I was thrilled by the Scarecrow's inclusion, but I was very covetous of my friends' various 45s
                    that included a comic.

I just discovered that there were Shazam! and JLA (Aquaman!) LPs!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

I don't collect them personally, so I don't know for sure this will help, but you might want to check out Discogs. It's an incredible online resource for record collectors in general.

Here's a link to the record label page for Power Records with a bunch of listings:
                      Explore music from the Power Records (4) label. Discover what's missing in your collection and shop for Power Records (4) releases.

You can also buy/sell records on here - and see what records sell for. There's also usually notes about how to tell pressings and country releases apart - it's all crowd sourced.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2008

Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna concentrate on the Marvel Monsters series for now.

Comment

• spockoda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 14, 2018

I enjoy the Star Trek records. It's interesting to hear the voice actors try to sound like the real actors. I've done some transactions on Discogs. As with anything else like it, some people say their items might be in not as good of shape as what they say or think but overall my experiences have been positive.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎