X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys

It always amuses me to hear Americans say that Walmart is terrible and go to Target instead, because in Canada, Walmarts are nice, clean stores that are always very busy, while Target Canada was a huge boondoggle that crashed and burned in less than two years. But man, the K-marts still existing in the US are dark, depressing, dirty and disorganized stores, I haven't been to one in years, I'd be almost scared to set foot in one now!
    Round these parts Target is top notch --- They remind me of Kmart in the early 80's

Super-Walmart, on the other hand is a vomit smelling ghetto ------ The store is a dump and every night there's stabbings and fights in the parking lot ....

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Walmart is the worst. There are some exceptions, there is a nice Walmart here or there, they do pretty good in rural communities as well... But the vast majority in the US are dumps. The worst of the worst. Even the bad K-Marts seem to be a "loving" mess. Walmarts are designed to be a mess from the top down.

Target in the US mocked their system on Disney's parks, which is why for the longest time their stores looked so clean and were so organized. Say what you want about Disney, but their amusement parks always look top notch. Target did their best to replicate that on a larger scale. But that seems to be slowly fading away.

Target has started putting those giant obnoxious red "carts" in the aisles, which they would NEVER do in the past. It was a cardinal sin to have anything blocking the aisle way, but now they have those big plastic carts that not only take up 3/4s of the aisle, but also can't hold more than a dozen items anyway, making it not only clutter, but ineffective. Seems they've started to change their philosphy some which could spell trouble in the long run.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

From everything I've heard, Sears did not treat their long time employees with much respect while going out of business and very much took care of their head office only. For that I refused to give them any business in their final days.
        And yes, here in Canada Walmart is awesome and Target sucked. But the Target I visited in Minnesota and in Boston were much nicer. Clearly a different culture on each side of the boarder in these box stores.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎