X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

netflix to keep their marvel shows?

I read that despite disney/marvel pulling all their content from netflix (and others) they ?may? keep partnering with netflix for the marvel shows they already have? (daredevil, jessicajones etc maybe disney can reboot iron fist ?)
    I would love to see the new disney channel produce its own marvel shows while keeping (and expanding) the more adult characters or approaches on netflix.
    HOWEVER I would hate to see that become an excuse for gratuitous sex and violence
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I bet Disney pulls it all from Netflix as soon as contracts are up. The Fox buyout was another step by Disney to corner the streaming market and compete with Netflix, Amazon, etc. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them try to get the remaining 40 percent of Hulu from NBC.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

so the latest I just read was that netflix owns their marvel shows (dd,jj,lc,if,punisher,defenders) and can keep making new episodes of those characters
      BUT MAYBE won't be able to make any new titles (there goes my marvel horror hour with man-thing and werewolf by night!)
      it's too soon to tell but disney/marvel/pixar etc isn't closing the door on some of the less-than-disney type characters finding a home on services like netflix and hulu.
      makes sense to me: why not let other people give you money for your own properties?

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I'm under the impression that as Netflix co-produced the shows they can keep them. Not sure how it would work with adding new Marvel characters though, and I was really hoping for the rumored Moon Knight show.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎