X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

Goal for 2018: Not be a Hot Mess

I don't really "do" resolutions, it is too abstract for me to really stick to.
    I need a really specific goal to focus on because I am a more goal oriented person.
    2017 was amazing. 2017 was hard. My life was torn apart and I while I should have spent months trying to find and accept my new normal, I just got depressed.
    For the past 2 months I have been coming to terms with a lot of aspects of my life. Holding on to the good and filtering out the bad as well as recognizing what I can add to my life to feel content with myself.
    I pushed myself too hard last year to try to avoid my reality, which has just stressed me out because I'm still trying to sort out my commission work which makes me feel guilty and full of anxiety.
    Even logging back in here makes me super nervous, which the left side of my brain keeps reminding me is stupid. I just need to do it. So that is what I am trying to do here, one word at a time. I'm in this weird place right now where I have to force myself to do the things that I enjoy. To add back the pieces in my life that do make me happy.
    So that's me. Despite this sounding a bit melancholy, I am actually doing well and have felt better than I have in a really long time. I appreciate all the support and patience I have been given from many of you here, and I'm going to do my best to make this upcoming year a positive one, come what may!
    Sorry for rambling. I really have no where else to express this. <3
    xoxo
    -Diana
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Diana, that's a very honest post and a positive step toward getting back to where you want to be. Fear not and keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

To a great 18. Hopefully less stress and anxiety, but more importantly (since it is inevitable fo all of us) - dealing with it efficiently.

Glad you looked in and shared.

Hope to see you again at Mego Meet! You were one of Lily's highlight last year.

Comment

• Mawni
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 11, 2007

Hope you have a great 2018!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I feel you, the year saw me at my lowest and well, there is only up from here.

Never dread logging in here, it's not like that.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Best wishes for a better year to you Diana and Palitoy, and to all here who may be struggling. I'm glad you're here, I appreciate all the hard work you both do to make this community fun and fulfilling in various ways.

This was a difficult year for me: I had a serious "scare" with my health, and my job has become progressively more challenging and depressing to me--which peaked this last quarter. I don't mention this to commiserate or for sympathy (because I haven't shared any of this so openly), but rather to point out my appreciation for this site. The reliable content (which I know takes active, hard work) and the members here helped me through many a rough day.

Aside from my partner, this community has been a great source of support to me. I'm very thankful for it.

Happy New Year, to Diana and to you all. We're stronger together and I wish you all the best in 2018.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 13, 2016

I would love to go to MM this year! As long as finances allow we plan on going.
              AND I would like to dress up this time because I've already lost 11 lbs! <3

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
                I feel you, the year saw me at my lowest and well, there is only up from here.

Never dread logging in here, it's not like that.
                Having a rough year definitely helps me appreciate the little things and focusing on those is what gets me through some days. I hope 2018 is better for you as well Palitoy <3

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
                  I would love to go to MM this year! As long as finances allow we plan on going.
                  AND I would like to dress up this time because I've already lost 11 lbs! <3
                  I desperately want to attend MM once again this year; I'd love to meet you. I always think cosplay there sounds fun, too. Brue is a master at it.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Best wishes for a better year to you Diana and Palitoy, and to all here who may be struggling. I'm glad you're here, I appreciate all the hard work you both do to make this community fun and fulfilling in various ways.

This was a difficult year for me: I had a serious "scare" with my health, and my job has become progressively more challenging and depressing to me--which peaked this last quarter. I don't mention this to commiserate or for sympathy (because I haven't shared any of this so openly), but rather to point out my appreciation for this site. The reliable content (which I know takes active, hard work) and the members here helped me through many a rough day.

Aside from my partner, this community has been a great source of support to me. I'm very thankful for it.

Happy New Year, to Diana and to you all. We're stronger together and I wish you all the best in 2018.
                    Facebook is where you post sob stories for sympathy :P
                    I never want people to feel sorry for me either; otherwise my avatar would be Eeyore.
                    I do believe we all need empathy. We all love our toys and pop culture, but oft times the weight of life spills over and it is hard to separate the two.
                    I appreciate your honesty and I'm sorry to hear that your year has been rough as well.
                    The positive-ity (sp?) everyone contributes is very refreshing.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      Diana, that's a very honest post and a positive step toward getting back to where you want to be. Fear not and keep putting one foot in front of the other!
                      Thank you.
                      Sometimes I can be a bit too raw with my emotions, but my opposite is covering them up entirely so that I won't feel anything. I (ironically) am the sturdy one that holds my family together, so I hold back with them a lot because they need me to be tough.
                      Still trying to figure out a balance for that.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Oh hey, things are ok here now, i'm on the right path, just wanted to share in terms of being there. It gets better, just takes a lot of thought.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Never be afraid to come here for a big hug.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• theSamurai
                            Banned
                            • Mar 27, 2017

Life is tough, no doubt. I work for a newspaper.. an industry that has been in a downward spiral for 30 years or more. Every year I deal with layoffs, anxiety, stress and depression. I've worked in the industry since 1985.. yet, for at least 2 decades or more I've been depressed and anxious about losing my job and fear of what the future holds. My company has been in bankruptcy more than 4 times.. bought and sold, and bought and sold. Due to my web UX, UI and design/coding skills I manage to stay employed, but that can only go so far. Seeing co-workers fired monthly year over year, and the constant lack of moral in my nearly empty office make each day a struggle. Then, there's home-life.. a 24 year-old son that is addicted to video games, has no college education, smokes, eats junk, gains weight, no real career/job prospects and obviously has mental issues weighs heavily upon me. And I have a wife that is great, but who over the years has shown very different interests than mine (dancing for one - she square dances on weekends) that I have no interest in. I drink at night.. and worry all day long. Worry, worry..and worry some more all the time.. and then over-think/worry even more after that. At night my brain won't shut off.. unless I'm heavily self-medicated (pills and booze). Toys give me some relief, but nowadays less so. This diatribe is more to share that many of us have similar struggles.. I guess. And all we can do is get up each morning, put one foot in front of the other, and hope to get through the day. I hope you're able to sort out your issues, and others are too knowing there are many of us in the same boat. -- Hopefully, for all of us, 2018 will be a better year. Best.
                            Last edited by theSamurai; Jan 2, '18, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

For my Christmas present, the doctor said I needed heart surgery, so my main goal for 2018 is Staying Alive. Sing it with me...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎