• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The Crater Lake Monster (1977)

Wow, that movie is weird.

It starts out really promising with some scientists finding a cave drawing of a Plesiosaurus and a meteorite crashing nearby. Ten minutes into the movie the people you think are the main characters disappear for like an hour. There's then a bunch weird and pointless sub plots until they return around the end of the movie. I also can't forget to mention there were several scenes that were obviously filmed during day but supposed to take place at night that weren't tinted dark in post production. I still think there is good movie hidden somewhere in the crazy mess. The cinematography is actually quite nice and the stop motion dino is excellent for time.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Was this a theatrical movie or Made for TV?

Day for night shots are so common in old horror movies. Even Hammer was guilty of some pretty sloppy uses of day for night. They didn't even really try to make it overly convincing.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

If memory serves TCLM was actually a theatrical release because there’s a part of my brain that remembers going to see it at the drive-in. I think it was a double feature with “Slithis”, if anyone remembers that gem!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        If memory serves TCLM was actually a theatrical release
        Yep, it was a theatrical release.

It's hard to really explain. It's not normal B movie bad or even so bad it's good kind of thing. It's a weird disjointed movie.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bravestarr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 26, 2017

I saw this film on cabke in the mid eighties I liked it

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡