X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

For fans of old school D&D...

There's a new documentary coming out about Dave Arneson and his original group of players who created and playtested D&D called the Secrets of Blackmoor.

There's a trailer up for it on youtube...

and the full documentary will be screened this spring at GaryCon in Lake Geneva (the spiritual successor to Gen Con as the gaming con in Lake Geneva where TSR and Gen Con had it's roots).

I look forward to seeing this when it drops. I had a chance to meet and sit and talk with Dave about 10-12 years ago when he was the guest of honor at Origins Gaming Con up here in Columbus, and he was a great dude and wonderful to talk with.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Thanks! I wanna watch that!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
      and the full documentary will be screened this spring at GaryCon in Lake Geneva (the spiritual successor to Gen Con as the gaming con in Lake Geneva where TSR and Gen Con had it's roots).
      That trailer is from Sept 2016, and apparently it's unknown if the film will even be completed in 2018. As for GaryCon, this is what was posted on the film's Facebook page yesterday:

We're hoping to have a movie done this coming year. Our fingers are crossed, but this is a time consuming project and we are a small team. Yet we are definitely going to be showing some draft sections at Gary Con, possibly 30-40 minutes.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎