X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Remembering Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who

I just watched Peter Capaldi's last episode as the Doctor in Twice Upon a Time. Very sad to see him go but I look forward to seeing what Jodi Whittaker brings to the table as the 13th Doctor in the near future.
    I was very fortunate to have worked on seven episodes with Peter and he always came across as the perfect professional and gentleman on set and although he was incredibly busy with the onslaught of filming scenes on a typical filming day schedule, he always took the time to say hello and even stopped for a chat if time allowed.
    In Extremis, the last episode that i worked with Peter. Peter affectionately referred to me as 'The Chameleon' because he had seen me so many times on so many sets/episodes in different costumes, hair and make up etc, lol. Thank you so much for all the memories Peter Capaldi. I will treasure them always.

• Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

There have been many great Doctors, but from the new series, Capaldi was my favorite. Wish we could have held on to him for another season...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Thanks for sharing your memories of Peter Capaldi with us, Clemso. I am both happy and envious that you actually got to spend a modicum of time with the man who, IMHO, embodied The Doctor better than any of the previous nu-Whos before him by not only channeling a bit of each of their personalities, but by firmly giving HIS take on the character very solid roots. Glad you will always have those times to reminisce on.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Was never a huge fan of Capaldi (couldn't understand half the things he said) but I did warm to him later ..... To be 100% honest, the most fun part of watching recent Doctor Whos was being on a constant Clem-watch

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎