Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Bif Bang Pow! Battlestar Galactica Athena

This is one of the figures I never got and I'm just wondering how rare these were and why the line died?

I'm just curious
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The line mostly died due to lack of interest and I feel that poor execution at the start did not help. Giant heads on Apollo and Starbuck.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Giant heads on Apollo and Starbuck.
      Yeah, that's what killed it for me. Had they got the scale right...I would have bought the entire Line. Instead...I bought none of them.
      sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

I bought all of them.they were not all that bad.we can only speculate as to why rhe line ended.i though it was character choices.instead of the singer.boxy and muffett.a better choice would have been boomer.tigh.balter,for example.as for numbers and rarity.big bang low liked to produce figures around the count of 3000 edition.except the lunch box's wich were about 15.00.not sure if all the cylons were.as for Athena and Lucifer.they were obviously produced in much smaller numbers.they were only available for at least six months or less.I loved that show.and bought two complete sets.its a shame they never did balter.boomer .tigh.Cassiopeia.jolly serina or others .the six million dollar man line ended at the same time .and astronaut Steve and barney were most likely produced in the same low numbers as Athena and Lucifer since they were also the last,figures done.i got all those too.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

That,was 1500 edition for the inch box's.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

6MDM had the same problems, out of whack heads and a Steve head that looked like George W. Bush
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

I bought the Cylon, that was it. Super cool looking! Never opened him.
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I think they made quite a few of the Cylons. Every year,EE always has them on sale.

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

So since Athena was made what's a FAIR price for her?

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

^^ thats kinda up to you ,i have seen her on ebay from $40-$75 these days ,if you watch a while you may find her cheaper ,lucifer seems to go for more
                    on ebay ,i have seen him at $100 or so .Athena is rather cool for the set ,but they kinda went cheap when bif bang pow made her ,they made her jacket
                    a little small for her and does not have the galactica patch like starbuck & Apollo .and her strap to her holster is kinda baggy on her leg .but she is nice .

Comment

• toothaction
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 15, 2017

^ Considering that I landed the first 9 toys from the series for between $10 and $20 each, I haven't been willing to go the standard eBay ask of $80+ for her!

Still waiting to find her and Lucifer. Sigh.
                      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Bought all of them, couldn't enjoy the quality on Starbuck and Apollo, and sold those two. Not just the heads but the low quality on the outfits.
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          I think they made quite a few of the Cylons. Every year,EE always has them on sale.
                          I just bought the first Cylon, the silver chrome one. I don’t remember the gold one, and didn’t need a battle damaged one.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 21, 2009

We'd like to thank everyone who supported our BSG figures - and Happy New Year! We are proud of this line even though we had a few mis-steps. We indeed had plans for the next waves of characters listed, but demand dropped off, and thus we couldn't bring these additional characters to market. Like it's been said on this thread, even the Cylons had to be placed on clearance. If we had trouble moving Cylons, then there wasn't really all that much hope for making Balter, Boomer and the rest of the characters (even if we fixed the head size issue). If the factories were able to make much smaller quantities (ie 500 to 1000 of each), we would love to continue to make 8-inch figures from classic brands like BSG.

Originally posted by tllgn
                            I bought all of them.they were not all that bad.we can only speculate as to why rhe line ended.i though it was character choices.instead of the singer.boxy and muffett.a better choice would have been boomer.tigh.balter,for example.as for numbers and rarity.big bang low liked to produce figures around the count of 3000 edition.except the lunch box's wich were about 15.00.not sure if all the cylons were.as for Athena and Lucifer.they were obviously produced in much smaller numbers.they were only available for at least six months or less.I loved that show.and bought two complete sets.its a shame they never did balter.boomer .tigh.Cassiopeia.jolly serina or others .the six million dollar man line ended at the same time .and astronaut Steve and barney were most likely produced in the same low numbers as Athena and Lucifer since they were also the last,figures done.i got all those too.
                            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                            bifbangpow.com
                            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

^^thats right ,i forgot about the fact that the factory had requirements of edtion size .Well you folks did a good job ,we would never have had those figures,if you
                              had not taken up the job ,many thanks .i basically bought almost all your mego-like figures and if you ever get a chance to do some more with any of those
                              lines i will be back as well ,thank you BBP

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎