Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bif Bang Pow! Battlestar Galactica Athena

Bif Bang Pow! Battlestar Galactica Athena

This is one of the figures I never got and I'm just wondering how rare these were and why the line died?

I'm just curious

Images
    Blog Entries
    The line mostly died due to lack of interest and I feel that poor execution at the start did not help. Giant heads on Apollo and Starbuck.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Giant heads on Apollo and Starbuck.
    Yeah, that's what killed it for me. Had they got the scale right...I would have bought the entire Line. Instead...I bought none of them.

I bought all of them.they were not all that bad.we can only speculate as to why rhe line ended.i though it was character choices.instead of the singer.boxy and muffett.a better choice would have been boomer.tigh.balter,for example.as for numbers and rarity.big bang low liked to produce figures around the count of 3000 edition.except the lunch box's wich were about 15.00.not sure if all the cylons were.as for Athena and Lucifer.they were obviously produced in much smaller numbers.they were only available for at least six months or less.I loved that show.and bought two complete sets.its a shame they never did balter.boomer .tigh.Cassiopeia.jolly serina or others .the six million dollar man line ended at the same time .and astronaut Steve and barney were most likely produced in the same low numbers as Athena and Lucifer since they were also the last,figures done.i got all those too.

That,was 1500 edition for the inch box's.

Images
    Blog Entries
    6MDM had the same problems, out of whack heads and a Steve head that looked like George W. Bush
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I bought the Cylon, that was it. Super cool looking! Never opened him.

Images
    I think they made quite a few of the Cylons. Every year,EE always has them on sale.

So since Athena was made what's a FAIR price for her?

^^ thats kinda up to you ,i have seen her on ebay from $40-$75 these days ,if you watch a while you may find her cheaper ,lucifer seems to go for more
    on ebay ,i have seen him at $100 or so .Athena is rather cool for the set ,but they kinda went cheap when bif bang pow made her ,they made her jacket
    a little small for her and does not have the galactica patch like starbuck & Apollo .and her strap to her holster is kinda baggy on her leg .but she is nice .