Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G.I. jOE forum “The Trenches”

Trenches was amazing, hope they come back. That said (and not to bash MM) but the activity in this place has taken a big nose dive the past few years too. Facebook sapped a lot of life out of forums in general.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    My experience with the Trenches was very positive. Though it was not as trafficked as here, I met some great folks there, both generous and helpful.
    no doubt, great bunch of people. I never had anything but positive experience over there. it was just very quiet. Charlotte and her husband do/did a great job moderating. I think the site kept getting hacked though.

again, makes you appreciate what a great job our mods here do to keep things fun and safe

Images
    if the trenches are gone for good, maybe it would be cool to add a sub forum here to discuss Joe's like was done for Big Jim. what say the Mods?

Images
    That's a good idea, as with Big Jim.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    I'll see what I can do, Lord knows i loves me some Gee-Eye Joe.

As for the activity here, most forums are freaking ghost towns these days in niche collecting, we're above average and I'm very proud of the MM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Given the Stan Weston connection to Joe, Captain Action and Mego be cool to see a little something here.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Maybe a Joe and 1/6 area?

I too miss the Trenches. Forums are a different animal than Face Book. I've been trying FB but just not getting much out of it. Mego Museum is indeed a very special place and I will say it "I have preferred the fans here to anywhere else". I lurked for around 8 years before joining any group and love the attitude of fans here. That being said I also enjoy Trenches very much but it seems unlikely to return. Long Live Mego Museum!!!!!!

I went to Trenches yesterday to have a look and was shocked that it was gone. Wow this sucks. I met alot of great people there over the years and was always the place to go for info and help with vintage Joes and other 1/6 stuff. The reference archives was very useful.....at least until Photobucket ruined it. A Joe section here would be a great idea though.

The trenches

I truly miss it “The Trenches” as well. Met a lot of great people there and made a lot of great deals with a number of folks. If we could get a “Joe” sub group here at the MM it would be greatly appreciated!

“I’ve got a tough asssignment for you ... set up Team Headquarters here”

Frank