X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Up Close: Grundy, Grodd and Black Manta

The popular Super Friends toy line by Figures Toy Company has a new set of bad guys! This wave of Superfriends is all members of the Legion of Doom and includes some highly anticipated fan favourites  including Grodd, Solomon Grundy and Black Manta. So, as with all of our “Mego Museum Up Close” features,…

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

FTC really upped their game with these. They all look great.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

I agree, these are all excellent.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

They all look good, but man, I just love that Grodd!

And thank you for doing these "Up Close" pics. It is very cool to get a detailed look at these before pulling the trigger, and the photos always do a nice job highlighting the things I have questions about (and do so in a fun way).

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Grodd is nice and makes me wonder if we'll see a black/gray comics version. I like these reviews, to, they're very helpful to me.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

if they one day sell the grundy head,im buying it, painting it green, and buying green muscle body and pants from the site.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Thank so for posting these. All three look groovy! Order placed!
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those are impressive. I may have to consider getting back into this line.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

I ordered all three and consider this the official "tipping point" in a good way. When I started getting these I went for largely characters that had not been made before and was content to fill out my LOD. I also said if they made them all, I'd consider getting the whole line. Now with only Giganta remaining, that's pretty much a reality and I will glad to go back to fill out the line, LOD wise.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎