Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

I haven't watched the Prequel films in sometime and this discussion is making me think it's time to give them another look. I may try watching all the films in chronological order which I've never done before. Not in a marathon though but over the course of the next several months.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Glad you like my ideas...I still believe we may get that standalone Vader film. But if they're going to do it they need to do it quick before James Earl Jones leaves us, and they need someone who can really act in the suit. One little thing that bugged me about Vader's appearance in Rogue One...when he was on the bridge of the Star Destroyer and turned to leave and board the rebel cruiser he just kind of turns and strolls away casually. He lacked that David Prowse "power walk" His Vader always moved like he was on a mission, and you better get out of his way.
      He developed that strid by safely helping children Cross the streets of Britain,He was on a mission,a mission of safety....lol
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by fallensaviour
        He developed that strid by safely helping children Cross the streets of Britain,He was on a mission,a mission of safety....lol
        LOL...can you imagine Darth Vader doing public service announcements?

"Drink your milk, so you'll grow up to be tall like me...when I had legs." *sniff*

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

No need to imagine. Here he is himself.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
            No need to imagine. Here he is himself.

Being the Green Cross Man helped him get an MBE, Member of the British Empire.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

His voice was dubbed by another actor in that one. (Which of course was something he was to experience again a couple of years later. )

Here's a later one with his real voice:

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 30, '17, 10:24 AM.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

How is that no-one has yet done a Green Cross Man Mego? The mind boggles.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

I'm pretty sure the Green Cross Man has hijacked this thread. And I'm getting on that bus.

This is awesome!
                  I never would have gotten fallensaviours reference if hedji hadn't posted the video.

Dubbed voice before SW!
                  Did you notice the R2 D@ish robot that probably inspired Lucas in the one Bruce Banner posted?

The PSAs themselves and the British cultural history is supercool.
                  And the video that Youtube prompted of the recent renewal ad is over the top cool.

And yes PNGwynne, I want to see a Green Cross Man in the 2018 Mego Meet Auction!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Omigosh, I'd totally buy one.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

I know this is getting further off topic but being The Green Cross Man and Darth Vader is a pretty cool legacy. Not to many all his other accomplishments.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by phil
                        I know this is getting further off topic but being The Green Cross Man and Darth Vader is a pretty cool legacy. Not to many all his other accomplishments.
                        Yep, there's also playing Frankenstein's Monster with Peter Cushing twice in Hammer Films, a cool role in Vampire Circus, and a pretty unforgettable role in a Clockwork Orange. Not too bad.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

David Prowse’s health problems...

sigpic

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
                            Yep, there's also playing Frankenstein's Monster with Peter Cushing twice in Hammer Films, a cool role in Vampire Circus, and a pretty unforgettable role in a Clockwork Orange. Not too bad.
                            Arrgh!!! I meant to write "not to mention his many other accomplishments". He helped get Christopher Reeves into shape to play Superman.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Brue
                              Did you notice the R2 D@ish robot that probably inspired Lucas in the one Bruce Banner posted?
                              That one I posted was from the 80s, so the Green Cross robot was certainly inspired by Artoo.

Originally posted by phil
                              Yeah, Prowse is really proud of his Green Cross Code work. He considers it one of his greatest and most worthwhile accomplishments.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Honestly,I don’t understand it myself???
                                It’s a brilliant idea and would have probably sold thousands of them in the 70’s.
                                He deserves to hang out with the super collector.
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎