Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Personally, I think all the concepts and ideas are actually pretty interesting, it's definitely different to the original trilogy and handled well. they'd be great movies.

However, it's all in the execution, the dialog is bland as is the action, the environments seem flat and bland. The merchandising elements also seem crassly in your face, I remember walking out of "Attack of the Clones" and thinking I'd just watched video game levels.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

The ESPN announcing “duo” in the PM Pod Race scene is so cringe worthy, good grief...

Farting at 1:50, double good grief...

Argh...
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Triple good grief...

sigpic

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

The Pod Race in Phantom Menace is a perfect example of how to stop a movie dead in its tracks.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

The diner scene in whichever one that's in is a total *** moment for me.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

See now I know how those who enjoyed Justice League feel. It's tough to read of something you enjoy get beaten down over and over and over.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
                See now I know how those who enjoyed Justice League feel. It's tough to read of something you enjoy get beaten down over and over and over.
                Do you agree with what's being said or disagree? Does it change the way you feel about the movies?

Because who cares what's being said. I love Howard The Duck and it makes every "worst movie ever" that ever comes out and I often agree with the comments but that movie entertains me more than a lot of more well-received movies.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I love Justice League, but many hate it. Who cares, I don’t take it personally, we all have different tastes.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                    I’ll make you feel better. Iron Man 3 sucks more than the SW prequels...as I really hate and despise that movie...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

First time I seen Phantom Menace in the theatre I was overwhelmed with how much stuff I needed to follow and memorize ... imperial senate this dark sillious that ........... Two queens ? -- which one got blowed up ? ................... Also, people keep ragging on the pod race (which I hate as well) ---- but don't forget that underwater chase too.

Phantom Menace might have been better and easier to follow if Ray Liotta narrated it.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

PS - I am not in the Lucas ruined it all -or my childhood. I Choose to look at these as fan films. From the biggest fan of all. Not cannon.

The thing is with other fan films I can excuse all problems because they are fans on a budget and don't think their work will be cannon. Lucas had a HUGE budget and expects me to take this as cannon.

I choose to PRETEND he is just another low budget superfan. That makes it palatable.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                          I’ll make you feel better. Iron Man 3 sucks more than the SW prequels...as I really hate and despise that movie...

I also choose not to believe Iron Man 3 exists.

But not neither are the worst sequels. Matrix

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                            Do you agree with what's being said or disagree? Does it change the way you feel about the movies?

Because who cares what's being said. I love Howard The Duck and it makes every "worst movie ever" that ever comes out and I often agree with the comments but that movie entertains me more than a lot of more well-received movies.
                            Yeah, I was confused too. Did you like or dislike Justice League? Agree or disagree with criticism? (Incidentally I liked it a lot, and some of the criticism was deserved) How does that relate to this Prequel topic?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Brue
                              How does that relate to this Prequel topic?
                              I wondered how Hedji felt about the comments about the prequels and if it changed how he felt about them. Justice League had nothing to do with my comment.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't personally enjoy Justice League, but those who did have to ignore or endure the bashing and hate. Everything has its fans... I was drawing a parallel to a more recent example of a much maligned film that some people enjoy, for which they of course have every right to do so.

Sorry, I did not intend to change the topic from the Prequels to another film, just to draw a comparison of empathy for its fans.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎