Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

well, respectively, I see it differently Brue and I try not read so much into movies, I just enjoy them, or not, for what they are - mindless entertainment. I see the costumes as being consistent from New Hope all the way through. have you considered that the desert dwelling Owen and Berue perhaps are not properly outfitted? I mean who wears wool garments in the desert? LOL

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        well, respectively, I see it differently Brue and I try not read so much into movies, I just enjoy them, or not, for what they are - mindless entertainment. I see the costumes as being consistent from New Hope all the way through. have you considered that the desert dwelling Owen and Berue perhaps are not properly outfitted? I mean who wears wool garments in the desert? LOL
        As the guy that started this thread I gotta say thank you for this! They're just movies!

The reason the '83 ghost of Anakin was dressed the way he was because, for all we knew, that's how the Jedi dressed. From a continuity standpoint it makes sense that many prequel Jedi would be dressed in a similar way, especially Obi-Wan, because that's how he is supposed to look.

As for the comment as to why no prequel Jedi was dressed like Luke in VI, well didn't Anakin wear mostly black in II & III? That was deliberate choice IMO

But I find it odd this thread is gone to criticizing costume choices.

Sure, 9 YO Anakin, Jar Jar, pod racing, midi chlorians, poorly wrote love story, senate debates, et al all kinda sucked, but the light saber duels were pretty cool.

And finding out just how good a Jedi Obi-Wan was (as powerful as Master Windu & as knowledgeable as Master Yoda), well I just liked that.

And my favorite line from SW I think will always be 'Its over Anakin, I have the high ground'.

But anytime I see that duel, to this day, I'm ****ed at Obi-Wan for not finishing off Anakin. But he couldn't, because of the original trilogy.

And I never have paid much attention to the costumes they're wearing...
        Last edited by Riderfan; Feb 1, '18, 11:38 PM. Reason: mis-quote
        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Those are good observations.

I'll continue to enjoy the movies.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢