X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Hasbro Micronauts cartoon coming 2019

Goes into production 2018 for a 2019 release.

Scroll down. It's 19 on the list. Concept art plus a brief description of the show.

"When fate brings an unlikely team of alien space explorers to earth in pursuit of the evil Baron Karza, they make a shocking discovery—on our world they are the size of action figures! The Micronauts are small heroes in a big world but the stakes are higher than ever as their miniaturized size presents dangerous obstacles at every turn. Fortunately, they forge an alliance with teenager Cameron Ruck, who will join them in their pursuit of justice. Although the Micronauts are small in stature, their bravery and adventurous spirits remain larger than life."

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Looks interesting sort of. The age group it's targeted for is 6-11 and the concept art looks like a radical redesign of the characters, so I am guessing any toy line that comes out to support this series will look nothing like classic Micronauts toys. This will be the third try at using the Micronauts come to earth and hook up with a young person as a guide-the original Micronauts series from Marvel used that element, the Image/DDP/novels relaunch in 2002 used that element, and here again, but I have always found the stories to be more interesting when they focused on what was going on in the Micronauts native realm rahter than the "gee they're tiny on Earth" type stories. But we'll see. I'll likely check it out at least if it comes to fruition.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

The four armed alien looks cool. I dont know. I hope they succeed but the property has been through a few reboots and I dont think any of them warrant a new toyline or animated show.

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
        The four armed alien looks cool. I dont know. I hope they succeed but the property has been through a few reboots and I dont think any of them warrant a new toyline or animated show.
        the four armed alien looks like a cross between Membros (the head shape) and the four-armed character from the Image series seen on this cover...

as for the concept art, I think I prefer the Dave Johnson character designs for the naimated series that never got off the ground about 15 years ago...

but again, I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

I'm not sure why they dont try and tie it in directly with the Transformers and even introduce them as something related to their planet and race. At least that might capture some of the same audience. That four armed alien in the preview looked like he might have a glowing brain as well (fingers crossed). I like those Dave Johnson designs better than the current IDW designs as well.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

SyFy Wire has an article recapping that catalog entry with the concept artwork included...

article link... http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/first-c...e-action-movie

-M

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 18, 2015

How generic can you get?
              The hands that grip.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'd love to see the Marvel comics come to life but I have a weird feeling Hasbro's main demographic won't be guys in their mid 40s who won't buy any merch.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

I'm in to check it out. I enjoyed the IDW comic series.
                  Mortui Vivos Docent
                  The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• PeterBruce
                    • Jan 4, 2020

The Micronauts were the coolest toys before Transformers came out. I’m actually really surprised that no one has attempted to bring the Micronauts to the big screen. I used to watchcartoonsonline but since there are a few restrictions i moved to CartoonsOn as an alternative of watchcartoonsonline CartoonsOn streamlined and straightforward interface and high-quality content make this website kind of a top choice for cartoon lovers now.
                    Last edited by PeterBruce; Jan 9, '20, 6:01 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

So, they missed 2019...

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I wonder if the "Hasbro-Verse" has been delayed by the fact that every attempt to copy the Marvel formula has failed so magnificently?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

The heck with a movie or cartoon,just give us the toys.

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I wonder if the "Hasbro-Verse" has been delayed by the fact that every attempt to copy the Marvel formula has failed so magnificently?
                            I don't even think they tried at all. They could do it IF Saturday morning cartoons or After School uhf channel cartoons still existed.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by tmthor
                              I don't even think they tried at all. They could do it IF Saturday morning cartoons or After School uhf channel cartoons still existed.
                              There is more options for cartoons now than there was when we were kids.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎