X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Fondest Mego Christmas Memory

What's your fondest Mego Christmas memory?
    Mine is Robin, which seems pretty simple but i had broken my original Robin (a type 1) who was my favourite hero as a kid and unwrapping that gorgeous green box that Christmas 1975 meant the world to me. Tell us yours!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I remember getting a carded Thor, must have been 77 or 78. I was soooo excited. I remember another Christmas at my Grandparents house and getting the Neptunian. it's weird how some of those things stick with us.

Merry Christmas Brian, and to the whole MM!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I've mentioned this one before, but I "lost" my first AJ, and we turned our apartment upside down to find him to no avail. I had originally asked Santa (w/ drawings since I was only 5), for extra outfits, the jeep and the rescue copter. But now I had to ask him for a new AJ. I didn't get the jeep or the copter, but I did get a new AJ, and 2 extra outfits. And what so you know? That same Christmas day, my dad finds my first AJ behind the couch, so I had 2! They were both black, but the new one was darker than the first one.

The only other Mego memory was when I got Lainie 2 years later. I had a foster sister living w/ me then and she got singing Mimi. We pretended to put on shows w/ Lainie dancing and Mimi singing. It was fun.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• RCB Mego
        • Mar 28, 2010

I believe it was Christmas 77 my brother and I both each received a BatLab (we always received one of the same item) it would have been even cooler if one of us received the BatLab and the other the JokerMobile.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Christmas 1975!
          I got tons of WGSH and POTA figures that year: Iron Man, Green Goblin, Falcon, Hulk, Superman, Batman, Robin, Cornelius, Zira, Dr Zaius, General Urko, a couple of Soldier Apes...
          But best of all, my uncle MADE me a POTA fortress and jail out of wood. I had asked for the Mego version, but he made one out of wood, all painted up, using the Sears catalog picture as a guide. The jail even had real bars! I played with that for hours and hours. Still the coolest toy I ever received!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Hmm--every Christmas form '73-'80? I think I received Megos on every birthday, Christmas, and Easter during that time. I received stuff so often it blurs together.

*But honestly, probably '74, when I received the Batcave & Batmobile. The year I got FF Batman and Joker as well as the Jokermobile and Batlab was great, too.

I think it was '77 when I got a Hornetoid and Aliens--jeez those were cool.

I was getting toy gifts well into high school: MOTU, Super Powers, Sectaurs. I guess I was weird and my family indulged my collecting.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 25, '17, 2:09 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by warlock664
              But best of all, my uncle MADE me a POTA fortress and jail out of wood. I had asked for the Mego version, but he made one out of wood, all painted up, using the Sears catalog picture as a guide. The jail even had real bars! I played with that for hours and hours. Still the coolest toy I ever received!
              I love that.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I think it was 78. Got a 12 inch Spidey. My Mom had taken him out of the box and wrapped the doll like a little mummy. It was pretty neat. I still have him.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 12, 2016

We were in Alabama, so it was probably 1976 or 1977...I vaguely remember getting the Mego Enterprise playset and Kirk, Spock and I think McCoy..Never had any of the others...I do remember lugging that thing with one hand while riding my bike to a friend's house...That was the only "Mego" Christmas I ever remember having...
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

I got the Sears catalog Star Trek Enterprise. It came with Kirk, McCoy and Spock. I can remember my parents swinging by the Sears on the way home and stuffing a large box(large to my 6 year old eyes) into the trunk of our brown Ford Torino. I asked multiple times what the box was but never got a straight answer. A few weeks went by and I got my answer. I literally played with it until it fell apart. I still have Spock and McCoy, but Kirk didn't make it through the years.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I know I received the 8" Batcave and Batmobile for Christmas, when I was 2 or 3. Probably 3, because I do have vague memories of receiving them. I may have gotten Batman and Robin then too, but I think I at least had Batman already.

I remember getting Fonzie's Jalopy for Christmas as well (probably the next year), and the entire Dukes of Hazzard 8" line (including Daisy).

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                        Time to feed the cat
                        • Dec 30, 2007

The last mego I remember getting for Christmas was the Riddler, must have been 1979 or 80 , he still proudly resides in my collection, one of the few toys I still have from my childhood.

Comment

• TomStrong
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2011

You’re looking at it! I got a 12” Spider-Man that came with a web and fly away action. I was over the moon.0D1A566E-AEAE-4CC3-A692-57B42313ED66.jpg my grandparents got it for me. It’s gotta be early eighties. Also I remember asking Santa for the Mego General Lee. He brought it, God bless my mother for taking pictures, she was selfless and wonderful.
                          51411382-9D68-4C3A-918D-79928A44269C.jpg

Comment

• Mego Milk
                            Custom Mego Maker
                            • Jun 3, 2007

I remember getting ROCKMAN and BERNARD for Christmas!

Thing and Human Torch.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

I remember my brother and I each getting the Supervator and a couple of Megos, including an additional Spider-Man for me (my brother got an extra Hulk). Spent most of the day having them riding the Supervator non-stop.
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎