Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOCTOR WHO: TWICE UPON A TIME Discussion (Spoiler-Free Version)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

DOCTOR WHO: TWICE UPON A TIME Discussion (Spoiler-Free Version)

With Christmas upon us, thought I’d launch a couple of threads to chat about the Doctor Who Christmas Special. From the thread title, you can probably figure this would be the “spoiler-free” thread.

Looking forward to this, just not to Peter Capaldi’s departure. Season Ten firmly cemented him in my mind as one of the top three Doctors of Classic or Nu-Who. I’m sure there will be some free flowing tears come tomorrow evening...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Well, that was interesting.
    Nice use of vintage footage. Some cool references to classic DW characters.
    Very poignant in places... an emotional send off for Capaldi.
    I'm sorry to see him go.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm just watching this now and really enjoying it, particularly the portrayal of the first Doctor.

I was without BBC America for a while, but I"ve been catching up over the holiday week-end. Fun stuff, tough I wish I could see vintage re-runs, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Just finished

I like it. It wasn't the best of Who, but it was very good.

I avoid info about shows I plan to watch. And I was annoyed that friends posted who the new Doctor would be on Facebook months ago.
        They said it was all over the news. It wasn't;t a spoiler.
        When I hear on Good Morning America "After the break we'll talk about he new Doctor Who" I change the channel. When a headline in the entertainment section of the paper says Doctor Who - I turn the page.

When you think you are not a spoiler because you think people already know, you are wrong.

I managed to not hear news of the new who any other way than Facebook.

Editted:

Spoiler Free

I think the new Doctor will do fine.
        I really am convinced the new actor for the first Doctor was the first Doctor.
        Glad to see a storylines closed
        Last edited by Brue; Dec 26, '17, 5:46 PM. Reason: remove spoiler

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Not sure whether to post this here or the spoiler one but BBC America has the regeneration scene posted on YouTube if anyone wants to see it.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

I enjoyed it, as Christmas specials go, well I've seen worse, we all have!

It was sort of relaxing knowing (and I had a hunch) that there really was no evil plan.

Having the Doctor be embarrassed by his earlier self was really fun and I didn't see the twist with Mark Gatiss's character coming at all.

Looking forward to a fresh series, although Jodie Whittaker gives me a serious David Tennent vibe.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Brue
              I avoid info about shows I plan to watch. And I was annoyed that friends posted who the new Doctor would be on Facebook months ago.
              They said it was all over the news. It wasn't;t a spoiler.
              When I hear on Good Morning America "After the break we'll talk about he new Doctor Who" I change the channel. When a headline in the entertainment section of the paper says Doctor Who - I turn the page.

When you think you are not a spoiler because you think people already know, you are wrong.

Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Like posting spoilers in the spoiler free thread.....lol
              Just kidding.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                Like posting spoilers in the spoiler free thread.....lol
                Just kidding.
                I thought the thread said spoiler thread. (the "-free thread" was beyond the displayed text)

My bad. I don't think I posted things not known and the thing aired already. Just the same, I'll edit it.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Brue
                  I thought the thread said spoiler thread. (the "-free thread" was beyond the displayed text)

My bad. I don't think I posted things not known and the thing aired already. Just the same, I'll edit it.
                  It’s okay I was just funning with you.
                  The same thing happened to me earlier I almost posted my spoiler comments here as well.
                  It’s confusing with two threads regarding the same topic when you check from the phone as you don’t see the full topic.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎