Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Question: Did Mego Have Any Hot Toys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Holiday Question: Did Mego Have Any Hot Toys?

A Christmas question to ponder. Every year, we always hear about the hot toy for Christmas. It's the kind that grown adults fight each other for to get their kids for Christmas. Or it's the toy that sells out quickly and you drive from one store or another to discover it's sold out everywhere. I've heard some of the hot toys have been things from Holidays Barbie, Cabbage Patch Kids, Furbys, Teletubbies etc. My question is, were there any Mego toys that was a hot toy back in the day? Were there any Mego action figures that were hot and hard to find back in the 70's? This inquiring mind wants to know.
    Cheers.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I don't know the true answer to your question, but conjuring up an image of people fighting over boxed 2-XL's at a Two Guys store makes me chuckle.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

the apes treehouse was listed in the top five "hottest toys for Christmas 1974".
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Wow! What an amazing fact! I love this place!

Comment

• josephcardone
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 10, 2010

Speaking of Two Guys - I remember them having so many boxes of Star Trek figures that you could barely move down the isle. If I remember well, I think there was a plentiful amount of Mego's around the holidays. Then everyone wanted Star Wars stuff and the rest is unfortunate for Mego and us !

Comment

• DavidCoppola
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

LOVED Two Guys! Tons of toys! Great camera dept where I got hooked on Super 8mm film collecting...and a store with a bowling alley in it!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎