X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

MeTV's new schedule

Just listed the changes being made January 1st. The biggest one is TJ Hooker is being dropped for Wild Wild West. Kolchak is being added to Sci-Fi Saturday Night. It's replacing The Outer Limits.
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

love the night stalker!!!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Wow, “TJ Hooker” only got 6 months or so on MeTV. Before that it was “MacGyver” for 6 months in the same time slot. Since they lost “Emergency!,” which moved to Cozi, they’ve had trouble in that time slot. I figured “MacGyver” would have done much better! “Emergency!” ran on MeTV for around 5 years in the late afternoon. Maybe “The Wild, Wild West” will do better.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Love the Wild Wild West, kind of like James Bond and Batman rolled into one, nice to see its going to be now on weekdays,
        I do miss Emergency, and I'd like to see Starsky & Hutch at some point on MeTV

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

wish Metv would get a roku channel. I can't get any ota channels.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            Love the Wild Wild West, kind of like James Bond and Batman rolled into one, nice to see its going to be now on weekdays,
            I do miss Emergency, and I'd like to see Starsky & Hutch at some point on MeTV
            I think Wild Wild West will hang around for a while since the rest of the afternoon leads into it...all classic westerns. Of course, it’s of a different show, but I’d think it’ll do well enough.

- Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

WWW was on the afternoon rotation years ago. I'm fine with it, it's right up there with ST:TOS and Batman '66, I can watch it over and over.

I liked Emergency, Hawaii-50, Rockford--but I never warmed to CHiPS, MacGuyver, or TJ Hooker. 5pm is kind of a dud slot because of commuting and cooking.

I'm a little surprised MeTV hasn't added a medical drama like Medical Center or St. Elsewhere to its roster.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

“St Elsewhere” is a really surprising exception. A friend of mine keeps lobbing for “Family.” coincidentally, he has also been lobbying for St. Elsewhere,” “Medical Center” and “Marcus Welby, M.D.” I think welby and St. Elsewhere are more likely to be seen...Welby probably. It’s a crying shame that St. Elsewere is not airing anywhere. There must be something to that...it makes no sense otherwise.

CHiPs had a very contensious relationship with MeTV. It seems the ratings were eventually poor and that’s why it’s gone. Initially, they got it and ran it with “Emergency!,” then pulled after a few months due to some residuals issue. It then returned to be pulled once or twice more before its 6 month return along side “MacGyver.” They were both axed at the same time on Memorial Day of this year.

Additionally, I think part of the reason tha MacGyver did so poorly was due to the prints MeTV had of it. They were terrible! Every episode looked like a “dream sequence.”

By the way, Rockford is great!!!

- Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Huge St. Elsewhere fan, since Day 1 of the original broadcast.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    Wow, “TJ Hooker” only got 6 months or so on MeTV. Before that it was “MacGyver” for 6 months in the same time slot. Since they lost “Emergency!,” which moved to Cozi, they’ve had trouble in that time slot. I figured “MacGyver” would have done much better! “Emergency!” ran on MeTV for around 5 years in the late afternoon. Maybe “The Wild, Wild West” will do better.

- Ian
                    Did you like Emergency?

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Wish they'd played Trapper John MD

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Brue
                        Did you like Emergency?
                        Of course not! Why ever would you ask????

At some point during their "Emergency!" run, MeTV got master prints out of NBC/Universal (much better than what NBC/Universal released on DVD)...I have never seen the series look or sound better. I can see little details that I hadn't noticed in 40 plus years of watching.

- Ian

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I don't get why they don't show any retro cartoons.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• GordoCrisp
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 1, 2012

I'll second the cartoon suggestion!

I'd love more Sid & Marty Krofft shows.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

^ 3rd That. They were airing some Sid and Marty Krofft shows on Saturday mornings. I’m not sure that’s still true. I’ve been watching Heroes and Icons on Saturday mornings for Superman, Batman and Tarzan.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎