Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Hadn't looked that closely at the necks, but it sure looks like they messed up again on sculpting and tried to correct it without even smoothing it out.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
      It's not just the paint apps though that leaves a lot to be desired.

The plastic used looks like it has other materials in it or wasn't mixed until blended. She has odd little spots that are IN the vinyl all over that make her look like she is dirty. It is wonky, rough sculpt that looks nothing like Eartha Kitt. No chin. Crooked jaw line. Head doesn't sit on the neck post properly and the back of her head/neck is a wreck. AND they put her AFRICAN AMERICAN head on a Caucasian body!

On the plus side, I do think they did a decent job with the hair design/execution. Her "do" is complicated and they did an admirable job trying to duplicate that. It should have been darker but it appears they "lightened" everything about her.
      Yeah,Eartha is a mess...glad I passed

Next up are the Goons...I have low expectations as we suspect FTC just using their current head inventory for them. Gonna be picky for sure with them.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
        Yeah,Eartha is a mess...glad I passed

Next up are the Goons...I have low expectations as we suspect FTC just using their current head inventory for them. Gonna be picky for sure with them.
        Yeah, kind of curious about them, too. I could just imagine Joker's gang consisting of Gilligan, Davy Jones and Bo Duke.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• captact
          King of Super Queens!
          • Aug 19, 2007

Update on Eartha Catwoman....removed her hair band, made a new mask TV accurate..ironed it down like on the show, lowered her belt, added a real hair braid,...and now working on changing body brown and darkening her face...
          26638240_10155235748662215_2023252454_n.jpg
          26233868_10155230787347215_1383456627_n.jpg

...and updated Julie Catwoman...
          26234494_10155230787342215_900706688_n.jpg
          Last edited by captact; Jan 3, '18, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Captnemo
            • Sep 9, 2015

Originally posted by captact
            Update on Eartha Catwoman....removed her hair band, made a new mask TV accurate..ironed it down like on the show, lowered her belt, added a real hair braid,...and now working on changing body brown and darkening her face...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22115[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22114[/ATTACH]

...and updated Julie Catwoman...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22116[/ATTACH]
            Beautifully done!!! Would you be able to make a mask for both for me. I'm all thumbs, but I'd love my Catwomen to be as good as yours.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Yeah, kind of curious about them, too. I could just imagine Joker's gang consisting of Gilligan, Davy Jones and Bo Duke.
              More like Al Bundy Head, Brown Haired Capt. Marvel, and the Skeleton Head....lol!
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

While that would be sorta funny,but also cheap on FTC's part....for $30 each (and you know these are going to be over $100 for these 4-pack sets) we should be at least getting new head sculpts of some kind, which could be spread out among all the sets....also putting female goons in the sets is inaccurate and a big waste

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                  While that would be sorta funny,but also cheap on FTC's part....for $30 each (and you know these are going to be over $100 for these 4-pack sets) we should be at least getting new head sculpts of some kind, which could be spread out among all the sets....also putting female goons in the sets is inaccurate and a big waste
                  Not inaccurate to have a female in the pack. Go back and watch the show. There was one in every episode.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Getting separate Molls would be nice. As long as they don't have humongous melon heads.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
                      Getting separate Molls would be nice. As long as they don't have humongous melon heads.
                      They will just be generic Invisible Girls or Wonder Woman heads.

Comment

• captact
                        King of Super Queens!
                        • Aug 19, 2007

PM me Captnemo...

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Not inaccurate to have a female in the pack. Go back and watch the show. There was one in every episode.
                          yeah,they did nothing but watch the fights...not a goon to me...and there is no contest anyway against the DUO

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

well, Batman won't hit a woman, so of course they don't fight. The FTC description didn't refer to the females as goons anyways, molls.
                            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 4, '18, 1:59 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

well, Batman won't hit a woman, so of course they don't fight. The FTC description didn't refer to the females as goons anyways, molls.
                              No,the women wouldn't last a second...unless they are significantly different,they don't belong in the "GOON" set.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 14, 2010

Instead of molls I'd rather see more male henchmen as the bodies of the women are a hot mess. For Riddler I'm hoping for the 3 rat henchmen in colorful hoodies, as they are the only ones that make sense if the 4th figure is a female (Across and Down henchmen that belonged to John's Riddler wouldn't work because there is only 2 figures, same with the Riddler henchmen in the Wax episodes with the stripes on their shirts)

For Joker my dream would be 3 different color sweater henchmen and the alien guy from the space episode, but that won't work either if they insist on each 4 pack including a female.

My problem with the molls is I think they are just gonna make a dumb female wearing a "goon" dress or a female in a cat print dress, instead of real molls used on the series. I'd be all in for Suzie Cheerleader, Pussycat, Molly etc, but I bet that is not what we will get.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎