Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    30 bucks for a big headed messed up hair crap body figure. I did it to complete my 66 collection.
    Me too. Hopefully there's a "quick" fix for the hair
    I mean, the first four '66 figs were really really good (as are most in the line): if inflation says $16 buys you mego today, then it's reasonable to charge $30 for the higher quality of the '66 line.
    But to wait for the Craig and Newmar licenses and then get bobbleheads...
    (dreaming) ftc should offer trade ins... send us your bobblehead and we'll send you one in scale!

has anyone tried shrinking them yet?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I'm fixing the hair right now. At least this head only has one neck hole.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

I got mines from my awesome bro Boywonder0!! Thanks Buddy!!!
        I fixed mines by spreading wider her necklace, restyling her hair and replaced her mask with the same RM Robin material....(beware,..the mask she comes with tend to get brittle when handeled to much).
        cat.jpg

..and my Batgirl with gloves, repainted belt and fixed cape and hair:
        20160829155539.jpg
        20160902112510.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by captact; Dec 29, '17, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Your Catwoman looks great, are you going to paint her nails gold? regardless she looks sweet.

Batgirl really looks a lot better, unfortunately that darn big head hurts the finished project, (JMO)
          but you can't get it looking any better than what you did, A+ job on both.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 23, 2012

I'm fixing the hair right now. At least this head only has one neck hole.
            Hahahahaha!!! This post made me spit out my coffee with laughter. I can’t help but notice that many posts are quite disapproving when people voice their complaints concerning the myriad of flaws in the FTC figures, and they give birth to how we as a consumer should be grateful that the figures even exist. I’m not certain how I feel about it, as customizing is the reason that Mego collecting is so fun in the first place. I believe that I make purchases knowing that I’m going to have to put some thought into altering the FTC figure, and that in itself is part of the fun. Of course, it would also be nice if the heads didn’t require shrinking down to scale and so many bodies needing replacement. But there’s not too much that can be argued when it comes to double neck holes (lol). That’s just a mess.

Comment

• captact
              King of Super Queens!
              • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              Your Catwoman looks great, are you going to paint her nails gold? regardless she looks sweet.

Batgirl really looks a lot better, unfortunately that darn big head hurts the finished project, (JMO)
              but you can't get it looking any better than what you did, A+ job on both.
              Yes,..and working on lowering her belt too!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

I received both the Newmar and Kitt Catwoman. Still not getting how FTC can put out figures as amazing as the 66 Joker with a spot-on sculpt and then turn around and drop two of the most iconic figures female figures from one of the most iconic TV series with totally sub-par face sculpts that look nothing like the actresses on bodies that won't stand straight and arms that move like they are broken. And the Kitt Catwoman? Totally whitewashed. Shame on you FTC. And shame on me for ever thinking you would finally put out a decent female sculpt. SMH.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I was hoping they were taking time to get Julie and Eartha right. Silly me.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                    I received both the Newmar and Kitt Catwoman. Still not getting how FTC can put out figures as amazing as the 66 Joker with a spot-on sculpt and then turn around and drop two of the most iconic figures female figures from one of the most iconic TV series with totally sub-par face sculpts that look nothing like the actresses on bodies that won't stand straight and arms that move like they are broken. And the Kitt Catwoman? Totally whitewashed. Shame on you FTC. And shame on me for ever thinking you would finally put out a decent female sculpt. SMH.
                    Eartha definitely needs a repaint

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                      And the Kitt Catwoman? Totally whitewashed. Shame on you FTC. And shame on me for ever thinking you would finally put out a decent female sculpt. SMH.

Well there goes my money back into my pocket.

Time to start hunting Uhura's on ebay to get a Kitt Catwoman Kitbashed. *SIGH*
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Hmm just got a lot of ftc figures .including these nice cat women figures.yeah I can see what some folks are saying.but a,litte tweeking and their fine.julies head is a little large.and her kittie ears don't show to well.but I reconfigured her a bit -now she's nice.eartha doesn't look much like the actress and her skin tone isn't quite right but her head size is fine (julies mask is a little,larger,for obvious reasons but a little tweaking and she's fine also.bought two of each.two were repackaged the other two are loose.they look great for display.I would never give them to a child.they wouldn't last long .but for kidults .i like em.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                          Eartha definitely needs a repaint
                          It's not just the paint apps though that leaves a lot to be desired.

The plastic used looks like it has other materials in it or wasn't mixed until blended. She has odd little spots that are IN the vinyl all over that make her look like she is dirty. It is wonky, rough sculpt that looks nothing like Eartha Kitt. No chin. Crooked jaw line. Head doesn't sit on the neck post properly and the back of her head/neck is a wreck. AND they put her AFRICAN AMERICAN head on a Caucasian body!

On the plus side, I do think they did a decent job with the hair design/execution. Her "do" is complicated and they did an admirable job trying to duplicate that. It should have been darker but it appears they "lightened" everything about her.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Here are some pics referencing the above. I did notice on second look that the Newmar figure's head is far more misshapen in the back than the Kitt figure. Both heads sit back too far on the neck post giving them next to no chin. On the plus side, the boots are great and the necklaces are super detailed! I hope they sell those separate at some point. Those boots have tons of possibilities.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.jpg

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I'm so glad that I pretty much gave up on this line. The talented people here could do a better job than FTC.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• Monstar
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 6, 2008

30 bucks for a big headed messed up hair crap body figure. I did it to complete my 66 collection.
                                Yup. That's the only reason I'm buying these. I've was pretty much all in on this line but after these I'll be far more selective.

Originally posted by darkbros
                                I'll wait until they are loose...
                                Best advice. The only reason I'm considering pulling the trigger now is because I want the 2 new Joker variants.
                                http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎