Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
    Catwoman fixed. Painted nails gold,Painted neck to match the head. On Mattel Cheetah body

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22070[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22072[/ATTACH]

Very nice touch up job on Catwoman, came out beautiful. I also love your display of the 66 Batman collection
    amazing to say the least, curious if you have Bruce, Dick and Barbara Gordon (aka) alter egos, just not pictured?

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Great collection RCBMego, love the RC Batman and RM Robin too, and is that the Minstrel behind Catwoman? and it also looks like that's the Siren peaking over the Jokers shoulder?

I also like the Trek set up below, course I'm bias when it comes to Trek just wondering who that is behind Khan?
      kind of looks like the Keeper or as I sometimes call it Baloks puppet, wearing a different outfit?
      Last edited by TrekStar; Dec 26, '17, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• RCB Mego
        • Mar 28, 2010

Thank you, yes those are customs of the Minstel and Siren, my wife made the outfits as she enjoys sewing projects, I would never have been able to complete them. I was also able to add customs of False Face and Commission Gordon using Figures Toy Company’s FF mask and a modified Pa Kent head with standard FTC suits, I really like Teemu’s customs of these figures, that is excellent work.
        Yes, for Star Trek that is an original Keeper dressed to appear as Balok’s puppet, as IMO he looks closer to him, and I also added a custom Talosian Keeper figure.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by darkbros
          So to get some understanding how you pulled this off, Is her Catsuit short Sleeved like the Batgirl in Batman Series 5 and the ExcelsiorExclusive Black Catwoman?
          And thus you transferred her at the forearms to retain the Gloves?
          I just picked up an Excelsior Catwoman off of ebay ( to totally redo using a Dyed RAH Cheetah outfit, and body) and will eventually Pick up and Eartha Kitt to do a similar transfer....
          ( although in Eartha's case I may just B&P the hands only)
          Looking at the Excelsior Catwoman, that seems to be the only way to retain the gloves is to swap at the Forearm.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22080[/ATTACH]

Yep, everything was the same like Batgirl (Forearm glove transfer).I had to paint the neck on the cheetah body though because of the off color of the skin to the head sculpt.It was just a little harder this time around though and the Belt needed to be cut and re-attached.

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          Very nice touch up job on Catwoman, came out beautiful. I also love your display of the 66 Batman collection
          amazing to say the least, curious if you have Bruce, Dick and Barbara Gordon (aka) alter egos, just not pictured?
          Thank you very much! But No,I stayed away from the Variants and alter-ego's.If I did get them,I'd have to transfer them to new bodies.Maybe one day though (having room is also and issue). I plan on getting some of the goons that are coming soon. possibly up to 8 of them to fill the very back row

Comment

• Lethalp
            • Aug 6, 2017

Catwoman (newmar) is really nice!
            I like it better in person & I thought I’d pose her without the mask but in hand I like the mask on her after all.

Well done, FTC.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I did away with the crappy sculpted arms. I need to take pictures of Babs to show how much better the figure can be.

Yep, everything was the same like Batgirl (Forearm glove transfer).I had to paint the neck on the cheetah body though because of the off color of the skin to the head sculpt.It was just a little harder this time around though and the Belt needed to be cut and re-attached.

Thank you very much! But No,I stayed away from the Variants and alter-ego's.If I did get them,I'd have to transfer them to new bodies.Maybe one day though (having room is also and issue). I plan on getting some of the goons that are coming soon. possibly up to 8 of them to fill the very back row
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                I did away with the crappy sculpted arms. I need to take pictures of Babs to show how much better the figure can be.
                Would like to see..the sculpted arms are still fine though

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Would like to see..the sculpted arms are still fine though
                  no they aren't, neither are the shortened sleeves. They ride up when bent and just look really cheap.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

no they aren't, neither are the shortened sleeves. They ride up when bent and just look really cheap.
                    LOL It's not that bad,my pictures prove otherwise....I'd like to see what you did since you claim it's "better" and knitpicking something that's not that big of a deal (still waiting on that false face too) and no, the sleeves don't ride up when bending the elbows.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Finally just got my False Face parts, its tough deciding which look to go for, so I just did a generic Face in a suit. Really thinking about taking in the catsuit, too, its too baggy. To me it is a big deal and a poor design choice, they should have at least gone with full molded gloves like Batman and Robin have.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Finally just got my False Face parts, its tough deciding which look to go for, so I just did a generic Face in a suit. Really thinking about taking in the catsuit, too, its too baggy. To me it is a big deal and a poor design choice, they should have at least gone with full molded gloves like Batman and Robin have.
                        pics or didn't happen

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

or what didn't happen?

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                            learning all the time
                            • Sep 15, 2010

I will be picking up a Newmar and painting the claws/possibly adjusting the belt as said previously.
                            but what is with their prices????? $30 before shipping??? and she STILL has a huge head????
                            a quick inflation calculation shows a $2.99 item in 1974 comes out to just under $16 today... is it just me or is $30 a lot of money for something that we have accepted as imperfect at best???
                            (I know, I know, old rant)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

30 bucks for a big headed messed up hair crap body figure. I did it to complete my 66 collection.

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

30 bucks for a big headed messed up hair crap body figure. I did it to complete my 66 collection.
                                I'll wait until they are loose...
                                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎