Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCB Mego
    • Mar 28, 2010

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived!

Batman 66 Figures Toy Company - Catwomen have arrived today, I just ordered Thursday afternoon after I learned of your notification, so that was super fast shipping:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I believe many of us were waiting a long time for these, and Figures Toy Company did a great job!
    This Batman 66 Classic TV series is my favorite of all 8" figure lines, I also like other lines and the original Megos, but this series was most desired over 40 years ago. Great facial details, body suit, and accessories on these Catwomen figures. I believe the cat claws on the gloves were actually gold, but are unpainted on these figures; no problem, as this detail can be easily applied. The Eartha Kitt figure has a darker skin color in the face than the Julie Newmar figure, but she uses the Caucasian body type, which may have been closer to her face color?
    I may order the Alfred/Egbert and Joker as the Maharajah variants, and I look forward to the henchmen/henchwomen releases, but I only desire one of each of the different villain henchmen. If Figure Toy Company only sells the henchmen/henchwomen in sets of four, maybe some of us could go in together to divide up and receive one of each different villain henchmen.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

I do like 'em, but I think Julie looks more like Lee Meriwether and Eartha's skin tone looks a little too light to me
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Can't wait for the Cheetah body transfer for Newmar.....Depending on which goons I order,I will be offering the females for sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Mattel body transfer, fixing the crap glove arrangement and redoing the belt to actually ride on her hips for me. I really dislike the fake glove tops on this and Batgirl.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Hey .those look good.i bought two sets of these catwomens.they look fine the way they are.no Mattel bodies needed for mine.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

wow, i like em
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Lethalp
              • Aug 6, 2017

I recieved mine today too.
              Thought I’d pose it without the masks but in hand I like th masks on her.

Finally fills the void in our collections!

Comment

• rlkrefft
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 14, 2010

Does Julie have the cat ears? Are they sculpted?

Comment

• RCB Mego
                  • Mar 28, 2010

Yes, Julie also has the cat ears sculpted on her head, but her hair is so thick, it is difficult to see the ears

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by RCB Mego
                    Yes, Julie also has the cat ears sculpted on her head, but her hair is so thick, it is difficult to see the ears
                    I sometimes can't understand the thinking of some people, you make the hair to thick which covers an important detail
                    of the character, they don't notice this at the manufactures? so now it's up to the buyer to fix the issue, which we shouldn't
                    have to deal with in the first place.

Maybe it's not such a big deal to some, but it is a bit of an inconvenience to now have to carefully cut out the hair around the ears to make it look correct.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

It may be as "simple" as parting the hair around the cat-ears and recombing slightly--not cutting.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

They both look nice. I like the Eartha better so I think I'll start with that one.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Catwoman fixed. Painted nails gold,Painted neck to match the head. On Mattel Cheetah body

100_8448.jpg100_8447.jpg100_8443.jpg100_8450.jpg

Comment

• RCB Mego
                            • Mar 28, 2010

Looks good and great collection!
                            I transferred mine to a Mego body.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
                              Catwoman fixed. Painted nails gold,Painted neck to match the head. On Mattel Cheetah body

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22070[/ATTACH]

So to get some understanding how you pulled this off, Is her Catsuit short Sleeved like the Batgirl in Batman Series 5 and the ExcelsiorExclusive Black Catwoman?
                              And thus you transferred her at the forearms to retain the Gloves?
                              I just picked up an Excelsior Catwoman off of ebay ( to totally redo using a Dyed RAH Cheetah outfit, and body) and will eventually Pick up and Eartha Kitt to do a similar transfer....
                              ( although in Eartha's case I may just B&P the hands only)
                              Looking at the Excelsior Catwoman, that seems to be the only way to retain the gloves is to swap at the Forearm.
                              catwoman_ex.jpg
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎