X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bravestarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 26, 2017

Mighty Crusaders Remco

Hello does anyone collect these any info would be helpfull were their hereos and villians how rare are they thank you
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Here's a checklist of the figures. There's eight in the set. None are rare or valuable.

A complete checklist of the Dead Space (Neca) action figure toy series to help you complete your collection.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• mego
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 16, 2012

I had the Fox and my brother had Comet when we were kids. Pretty cool figures.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

I think my local comic shop has one or two of these guys on their shelves. Been there forever it seems.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I got a nice carded set of these for about &12 each. They're clunky but I like Archie Heroes and think they're fun.

I've been thinking about making a fly-winged cape for The Sting, he's probably my favorite villain in the set.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I had everyone in the line except the Buzzard. They were kind of odd and cartoonier than most of the action figures at the time, but I kind of liked their "generic" appeal. It made them kind of like blank canvases, even though I did have some Mighty Crusaders comics, especially The Fly.

In a lot of ways you can see these as aesthetic forebearers of TMNT and Dick Tracy figures. They have that clunky Playmates vibe.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^They do--and sort of like small MOTU/wrestlers as well. I would have liked to have seen more characters--Fly, Jaguar, Black Hood. And I was surprised at the lack of vehicles: A Fox-cycle, Brain-saucer, Shield-copter, or Webmobile would have been fun!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Adore the characters but I just can't bear them, it might have been different if I was a little younger I guess.

The character selection was weird too, No fly and no Jaguar seemed unusually bothersome to me.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

If you compare the sculpts on these to Remco's other lines, like Warlord, you can tell how little effort went into them. They were capable of much better sculpts.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really surprised Remco didn't do their usual thing and make them like Secret Wars or Super Powers. They're so odd.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I think they were trying to copy Secret Wars with the smooth bodies and painted on details. They even had a shield gimmick. Plus they tried to copy the action features of Super Powers with their punching gimmick. They just copied them both really poorly. I don't mean to be a downer on these and I love Remco's Mini Monsters, Crystar and MOTU knock off figures. I think they just could have and should have done better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I agree with Werewolf about the knock-off aspects. But actually, I like them fine for what they are.

I'm wondering if I can blend a Web and an Eraser to make a Fly--it's easy to pop off the arms and legs and I'm wondering if the heads do, too.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 28, '17, 9:12 PM.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

I have a couple of them, Web & Shield...The Fly was a big miss, especially since he was arguably the "star hero" of the Archie line. I always had the impression this line was put out to promote some abortive attempt at a cartoon series that never materialized. Like if Archie could attract a series by offering the charactrrs as a toy line rather than comic book characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

There was a Red Circle(Archie) series of "Mighty Crusaders" comics in the early/mid '80s. Doubtless Remco was using these a comparable license to riff on Super Powers and Secret Wars.

The four villains of the Remco line are pulled directly from their contemporaneous comics.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I upgraded my The Sting figure with proper wings, instead of making a cape.

BTW, the arms and legs are easy to pop off, but the heads are anchored into the torso.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎