Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Are they only releasing four at a time? Wish they'd do Fisher Price Adventure People or Big Jim.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Well I finished watching, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would being that they were all lines I don't collect.

The Star Wars episode didn't add anything that wasn't it Plastic Galaxy, but the GI Joe and He-man documentaries were great.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I wonder if they will change the nature of the topic when they run out of toy lines. By this, I mean if they complete all the big name lines like TMNT and Cabbage Patch kids, will they then go on to general themes and categories like outdoor toys, video games, craft toys, etc?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

^ Seems like a sustainable formula if the series is to continue for more that 12 episodes.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Saw Brian's name at the end of the Joe episode and said "cool, I know that dude"! Also happy to see Marty Abrams.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

I watched the Star Wars one so far, it was really good. I'm looking forward to more shows. The Star Trek one should be lots of fun.

I wonder if someone will make one called The Games That Made Us. (even though there was a brief mention of games)

They could make several episodes on boardgames, card games, role-playing games and video games.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                The GI Joe one disappointed me, it dwelled too much on tiny Joe in name only, should have spent more time with the original action figure.
                Nah,while the 12" was the original pioneer,it was nowhere near the awesomeness that was GI JOE: A Real American Hero in the 80's and no comparison.It deserved at the attention it got.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I think my favourite episodes were the Barbie and MOTU ones.

That's coming from someone who thinks He-Man adoration is a bit hyperbolic but I really dig it.

As someone who has interviewed former Mego employees, it's really common for 6 people to take credit for one thing. REALLY COMMON.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    The GI Joe one disappointed me, it dwelled too much on tiny Joe in name only, should have spent more time with the original action figure.
                    GI Joe was one that could have easily been a two-parter. They barely scratched the surface.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      GI Joe was one that could have easily been a two-parter. They barely scratched the surface.
                      Yeah, even when they did an excellent doc about the 12" ones, they only focus on the solider element. The Adventure Team is always glossed over, which is a mistake because it's a great story.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Almost done with the first four eps, just have a few minutes of the GI Joe to watch. I've enjoyed it pretty well, and can't wait to see a Mego episode.

I think the He-Man ep was the most interesting to me, which is a little odd since I never owned any of the toys, watched the show, or really cared anything about it before a few years ago. Actually, from this season Star Wars are the only toys I have a real connection with. I had one hand-me-down Joe, an Adventure Team dude that I didn't play with all that much, and all I know of Barbie is that my sister had some and now my daughter does. It was an interesting episode too, though.

I'm not super keen on the narrator of the show, but the interviews are great, and all the little tid-bits and behind the scenes stuff is really interesting. These toy people are characters!
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy

it's really common for 6 people to take credit for one thing. REALLY COMMON.
                          I haven't seen the episode but, yeah, there is this long standing very heated debate over who actually created the original He-Man concept.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            I haven't seen the episode but, yeah, there is this long standing very heated debate over who actually created the original He-Man concept.
                            I had caught wind of Roger Sweet and his book before but I hadn't read it. He's an interesting character.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                              Nah,while the 12" was the original pioneer,it was nowhere near the awesomeness that was GI JOE: A Real American Hero in the 80's and no comparison.It deserved at the attention it got.
                              In your opinion. It was a sad day when the 12 inch joe went away and came back a few years later as a sawed off little runt with a lot of the play value lost. Your little Joe would not even exist if it weren't for the original. I doubt a lot of things after 1964 would have even came about, Captain Action, Johnny West, WGSH... etc may have never seen the light of day if not for GI Joe
                              Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 28, '17, 1:24 PM.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I had caught wind of Roger Sweet and his book before but I hadn't read it. He's an interesting character.
                                Yeah, I think he tries to take full credit for MOTU. I know he created the first figure mock ups out of some Big Jim figures (a barbarian, tank guy and Boba Fett looking guy) and possibly even came up with the He-Man name but it's basically understood that Mark Taylor came up with the original Torak concept that would eventually become He-Man. The whole concept was probably pretty vague at that point in development. Michael Halperin wrote the story bible for the characters in 82 and a lot of what we now know as MOTU was finally really fleshed out.
                                Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 28, '17, 1:31 PM. Reason: typos
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎