Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: The Toys That Made US

The Toys That Made US

Anyone else watching? First episode is about Star Wars toys, natch, and the second is about Barbie. Haven't gotten any further but it's pretty good so far. Of course, Plastic Galaxy offers a more comprehensive history of SW toys, but this is a good starting point for the uninitiated.

There's some salty language, so it's not super kid friendly, I'm wondering whether or not to watch the Barbie ep with my 10 year-old. I had no idea about the slightly unsavory origin of the figure! Pretty interesting though.

Megos and ReMegos are pictured in little vignettes but there is no episode about them in this first batch of four episodes. I imagine they will hit on it in 2018, and was curious who here, if anyone, was approached by the show for that eventuality.

It's on Netflix, so check it out!
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

Images
    I watched the first episode. skipped the Barbie one as that does not interest me. I will check out the others this weekend

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    Anyone else watching? First episode is about Star Wars toys, natch, and the second is about Barbie. Haven't gotten any further but it's pretty good so far. Of course, Plastic Galaxy offers a more comprehensive history of SW toys, but this is a good starting point for the uninitiated.

There's some salty language, so it's not super kid friendly, I'm wondering whether or not to watch the Barbie ep with my 10 year-old. I had no idea about the slightly unsavory origin of the figure! Pretty interesting though.

Megos and ReMegos are pictured in little vignettes but there is no episode about them in this first batch of four episodes. I imagine they will hit on it in 2018, and was curious who here, if anyone, was approached by the show for that eventuality.

It's on Netflix, so check it out!
    Brian mentioned that he worked on it.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Man, I even looked for another thread first. Well go here and post and let this one die:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Us-on-Netflix
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

Blog Entries
    Yeah I provided some stuff for the SW segment and I think season 2 has a Mego thing because I gave them some fun stuff.

Images
    Watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed the stories. Laughed a lot at Barbie's torrid past.

Images
    Enjoyed the Star Wars episode, and I'll catch the others soon!

I caught ep's 3 & 4 on DailyMotion...I was glued !!!

So far each episode is very good. However I think they are not going about the release of the episodes in the right way. The series is called The Toys That Made Us. So why don't they go in an order that makes sense. Barbie should have been the first episode, Episode 2 GI Joe, Episode 3 Hot Wheels and Episode 4 MEGO. There has got to be an order here. Especially since the series is called The Toys That Made Us. Episodes 4-8 could have more 70's toys but I think what I spelled out is enough as far as toys that shaped us from back in the day. 5-8 should start with Star Wars as Episode 5, Episode 6 He-Man, Episode 7 GI Joe and Episode 8 The Transformers. I know that these are boy toys. So if they use this as a guide they could insert girl toy lines in the right places to really make a great series of toy story telling!!!!!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    The GI Joe one disappointed me, it dwelled too much on tiny Joe in name only, should have spent more time with the original action figure.
    Planet Earth is Blue