X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Replacement screws for Type S Bodies?

Quick question as I plan on working on some Type S customs during the holiday break...

I have some Type S bodies where the screw heads are a bit stripped - anyone know which type of screws I should get for replacements? Any place online that I can order from?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

A while ago I had the same need after de-assembling a few bods… just took one of the screws to the hardware store and found a bag of ten or so to replace them. Easy enough to match but I don't recall the size. Some stores have a size chart near the screws that you can match yours to if you have trouble seeing them in the bags.

Comment

• Timothy2251
      • Mar 15, 2008

Thanks - I tried that with a couple of hardware stores near me and they were useless. They had size charts, but didn't carry anything that small. There's a place the next town over that sells nothing but screws, but A) they never answer their phone, b) are closed on weekends, and C) the one day off I had during the week, they were closed during their normal business hours. Very frustrating!
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Ah, that's frustrating… hardware stores aren't what they used to be. I bought mine at Lowes, which had a good selection of tiny machine screws, and I'm thinking they were metric. Another thought is you might find them in an electronics repair kit.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          • Mar 15, 2008

Thanks for the info - I may have to try a Lowes the next town or two over, see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Comment

• TRDouble
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

If anyone finds the screw measurement, please share here. One of my bodies was missing a screw and I would like to purchase a bag of them.

Thanks!

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Menards by me did not have screws that small when I was looking a while back.
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

My ONLY complaint about Type S bods. I find the screws either come stripped or strip suuuuuper easy.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Wound up at the screw store the next town over last week - the part-timer there is sure the owner of the store can not only identify but get the screws I need, but the owner won't be back until Tuesday. The same day I go back to work (sigh).

My wife, however, says she'll visit the store and try to get the screws - once I know what they are, I'll pass the info along!

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                    Wound up at the screw store the next town over last week - the part-timer there is sure the owner of the store can not only identify but get the screws I need, but the owner won't be back until Tuesday. The same day I go back to work (sigh).

My wife, however, says she'll visit the store and try to get the screws - once I know what they are, I'll pass the info along!
                    Cool! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎